HCA UK at The Christie Private Care – Manchester, Greater Manchester
IMT Trained Junior Doctors / Specialist Registrars are invited to join the Bank for ad-hoc shifts at HCA Healthcare UK’s private patient facility The Christie, in Manchester.
- Location: Manchester
- Rewards: BANK membership - attractive hourly rates, paid weekly.
We are looking to complement our permanent resident medical teams in the following areas: Haematology and Oncology, Wards and Clinics. If you are IMT Trained Doctor with experience and passion in this patient area, we want to hear from you.
The Christie Private Care is a dedicated cancer centre for private and NHS patients, able to diagnose and treat almost all types of cancer. Formed in 2010 as a joint venture with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, it’s now regarded as one of the leading cancer centres in Europe. Our Haematology Transplant Unit is the only dedicated private stem cell centre in the Manchester Region.
As a doctor on our bank, you’ll learn from experts in a range of specialist fields, experience the benefits of using the latest technology, and enjoy the satisfaction of being able to make a difference to the lives of patients, with low patio ratios, in well-resourced environments focused on quality and safety.
Bank Doctors committing to 2-3 shifts a month, gain invaluable experience alongside leading consultants in facilities designed with quality care front of mind.
Benefits for doctors joining the bank;
- It’s a unique opportunity to join a leading private patient specialist hospital group, we are operating at the very forefront of clinical innovation where you can work with, and learn from some, of the country’s leading consultants.
- You will be working in a world-class environment, equipped with the very latest technology, and robotics, advanced anti-cancer treatments, chemotherapy, immune and target therapies and precision radiotherapy.
- You can develop your skills across different wards, clinics and specialist units.
- You will get the option to choose your shifts from a 24/7 rota, giving you real flexibility and the chance to fit work around your personal commitments.
- You will be part of a specialist care team, delivering outstanding care to a vast range of complex cases, and will get exposure to advanced therapies and treatments.
- Costs for indemnity covered by HCA for the role you are performing at HCA facilities.
- First access to any permanent vacancies as they arise. ( Part Time or Full Time )
The flexibility you need to work the hours you want.
Joining our bank is the perfect option if you are looking for complete flexibility in an organisation that nurtures its people so they can deliver the highest quality patient care.
Applicants will need:
- GMC Registration and License to Practice in the UK
- Desirably you will have post qualification exams, relevant to specialist area e.g MRCP
- A passion for team-work, patient focused care with the ability to build and share best practice and offer a first-class patient experience
- Completed at Foundation Years training and additionally at minimum IMT-2.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CV review, a bank interview with a lead Doctor, and onboarding pre-employment checks. This end-to-end process can take on average 4-6 weeks.
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. With our network of hospitals, urgent care centre, diagnostic centres and outpatient facilities owned and operated by HCA UK, we couldn’t do this with our expert of colleagues, driving the highest standards of care.
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated, and everyone can achieve their potential.