Portland Hospital – London
- Position: Resident Doctor Paediatric / or Neonatal ICU Doctor
- Location: The Portland’s Hospital
- Salary: Highly Competitive
- Contract: Full time or Part time, Minimum commitment 1 year
- Benefits: Private Pension, Private Medical Insurance for you and your family, Paid Study leave, 264hours per annum of annual leave, Paid indemnity.
Working in the Paediatric and/or Neonatal department, 23 inpatient overnight beds (able to flex to 27 bed), 11 Paediatric day-case beds, 6 Neonatal unit beds as well as 16 maternity/post-natal beds for well newborns. Patient to Doctor typical Ratio – 12:1 in the day, 20:1 at night for Paediatrics, Shift patterns: Each shift is 12.5 hours (with a 15-minute handover at each end) from 07h45 to 20h15 and 19h45 to 08h15 daily (including weekends) Paediatrics and Neonatology are the specialist areas of patient cases (including medical and surgical). Typical length of stay of patients varies from overnight to several months.
As a Resident Doctor you’ll cover our Paediatric and Neonatal department, and general wards, acting on Consultant-Led decisions in partnership with highly specialist Nurses. Day-to-day this could include pre-op or post-op treatments, clinical assessments, ward rounds or clerking admissions, reviewing discharges, assessing referrals and providing immediate medical care such as attending and leading on emergency cardiac arrest calls or other instances where patients need your medical specialist support.
While we are a Consultant Led Service, we believe in empowering our Resident Doctors, so your role could become expand as much as you wish. You’ll have the chance to be involved in audits, projects and quality improvement initiatives alongside the opportunity to join a variety of internal networks. This could be to help steer the services you deliver, speaking up or patient satisfaction focus groups, clinical governance or MDT meetings. Giving you an opportunity to network with your peers, share best practice and expand your knowledge in an unrivalled setting.
Suitable Doctors will need:
- GMC Registration and License to Practice in the UK
- Experience working in a Paediatric and/or Neonatal department
- A passion for team work, patient focused care with the ability to build and share best practice and offer a first-class patient experience
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Resident Doctor Specialist you’ll be eligible for:
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Resident Doctor you’ll be eligible for:
- For 40 hours full time contracts, 264 hours holiday each year (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you. This is pro-rata for part time contracts.
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
- Access to wellbeing support tools, through our thrive 365 channels, onsite mental health first aiders, and free counselling up to 6 sessions per annum.
- Paid Indemnity
How we can support our Doctors development:
- As Doctor with us you’ll have access to a dedicated study budget and study leave for courses relevant to your specialty
- We can also offer you access to a comprehensive learning academy where you can enrol on courses or Harvard Business Course case review forums
- If you’d like to develop further, we’re able to offer grants and sponsorship for research, as well as funding for personal development through courses such as the ‘Executive Masters in Medical Leadership’ in partnership with Bayes Business School, or other courses such as MBA’s or PhDs
- Should you wish, you can also work closely with globally recognised professors and medical mentors to help produce publications papers or research documents.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.
HCA Healthcare UK hold a Tier 2 sponsorship licence which permits us to be able to recruit the best talent in the UK as well as overseas.