The Harley Street Clinic – London
Healthcare Assistant – Oncology
London – The Harley Street Clinic
Full time, 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
£Competitive + fantastic benefits
We’re looking for Healthcare Assistant to join our Oncology Day case team at The Harley Street Clinic, our specialist cancer treatment centre currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC and proud recipient of The Macmillan Quality Environment Mark for our commitment to patient wellbeing and privacy.
As our new Healthcare Assistant, you’ll be working under the supervision of the clinical team, to assist with nursing, medical and clerical duties in the provision of direct and indirect patient care and associated general duties ensuring an efficient service at all times.
It’s a great opportunity to make a significant difference to the unit and its patients. In return, you’ll have the chance to build a career at the forefront of Cancer care. With access to ground breaking treatments currently not licenced on the NHS and our own on-site lab and chemotherapy production unit you’ll have all the tools you need to deliver truly exceptional levels of care for your patients in a modern, vibrant setting.
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum NVQ level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
- Good Clinical Skills in Phlebotomy
- Previous experience working in Cancer Care desirable
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English verbally and written
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Healthcare Assistant working in our Oncology Day Case Unit you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.