Leaders in Oncology Care – London
Senior Technologist/Radiographer - CT and PET-CT
London, Leaders of Oncology Care (main location) and The Harley Street Clinic
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Shift times: 7.5 hour shifts Monday-Friday
Salary: £45,000 - £51,000 dependent on experience
We’re looking for a PET/CT and CT Radiographer to join our imaging team at Leaders of Oncology and The Harley Street Clinic, currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC.
At The Harley Street Clinic and Leaders in Oncology Care, we provide a range of complex care services, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced PET/CT or CT Radiographer to join our friendly and fast paced imaging departments. This is a rotational post across our imaging departments located at 102 Sydney Street and 154 Harley Street, with a minimum of 3 days a week being spent at 102 Sydney Street. A degree of flexibility and adaptability to support the service needs will be expected. Both departments at THSC and LOC have each 1 scanner and offer both CT and PET/CT services.
You will play a very active role on the training of junior staff and help us drive our quality improvement programme. You will have a positive and a strong team player attitude. You will have solid past experience in CT. Previous senior-level experience is expected as well as the ability to work independently. You will be expected to deliver quality diagnostic imaging to all service users, ensuring clinical safety and facilitating a high standard of patient care.
- To skilfully perform a wide range of PET/CT and CT procedures to a high standard.
- To act as an Operator under IR(ME)R17
- To rotate between THSC & LOC departments as required
- To prioritise patients to ensure optimum efficiency and service quality
- To liaise with reporting consultants to clarify or discuss requests for complex examinations
- Assist with training of new staff
- To comply with legislative and hospital policies & procedures to ensure patient safety, in particular Radiation Protection and Infection Control
- To assist with patient bookings and administrative duties where necessary
- To support departmental audits in accordance with clinical governance policies
- To ensure that quality assurance of equipment is carried out in line with departmental policy, recording and report faults in a timely manner and where appropriate implement corrective action
- To be able to work unsupervised, seeking advice from the superintendent or medical staff when required.
- To assist with the implementation of new policies within the department and monitor their effectiveness
- To maintain a high standard of patient care through good clinical practice.
Skills & Experience
- BSc Radiography
- Valid HCPC registration
- Previous senior-level experience with comprehensive post qualification work experience in CT
- Desirable: PET/CT experience
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Technologist/Radiographer at The Harley Street Clinic, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.