Medical Leadership Fellowship
London or Manchester
HCA Healthcare UK
Reaching out to junior doctors who are passionate about medical leadership, making business decisions, innovating ideas, and concepts into business cases and actions, understanding the drivers of business to influence change in the way healthcare is delivered, in the interest of the people delivering healthcare, as well as patient outcomes.
This is your opportunity to undertake a fully funded Executive Masters in Medical Leadership in partnership with HCA Healthcare UK and Bayes Business School. London.
HCA is proud to be advertising for our Medical Leadership Fellowship programme for the 8th consecutive year. This fellowship gives ambitious doctors the skills, experiences and education to put them on a career path to become future healthcare leaders and we have been successful in supporting over 55 Drs in the last 7 years of this programme.
The Executive Master's in Medical Leadership (EMML) is a specialised degree that offers advanced leadership training to doctors. Grounded in research and recognised by FMLM standards. The programme develops doctors into medical leaders, to transform healthcare systems, help people live longer, with healthier lives, how to improve people performance, operational efficiencies, through effective leadership.
This is a full time fellowship programme, part study and part clinical work for trainees on OOPT, or those on a 2 year gap period from public sector commitments. The Clinical work is at a Registrar level, based at one of HCA Healthcare UK's prestigious hospitals in London or Manchester. You will work as a Resident Doctor ( SPR ) in your chosen trained field for the clinical commitment and attend Bayes Business School Seminars twice a month.
What you choose to do after the fellowship, and how you intend to use your master’s education, experience and new skills, is completely your choice.
- Start August 2024
- End January 2027
- Paid Salary £70000- 80000per annum, paid study leave, plus the fully funded masters degree
- Clinical Commitment 136 hours, per 4 week rota
- 6 hours per week, paid study time.
36 Lectures to attend, group coursework, personal dissertation, implementing an impact project onsite in our hospitals, and producing an end point assessment portfolio. You will be assigned an academic mentor from our leadership team and fully immerse yourself into HCA UK, leaders in the independent private patient sector.
10 positions available for fully funded fellowship
Why HCA Healthcare UK.
This is the first fellowship in the UK tailored for Medical Management co-designed by medics and business school experts. HCA has run this programme for over 7 years and supported over 55 doctors. All of our Drs which finished, have passed, with many at distinction level and are now in managerial positions, or they have returned into the Consultant trainee pathways, stronger, more equipped, with a qualified business mind to lead and influence change.
Successful fellows, will get the chance to gain practical experience of medical management at a HCA Hospital, together with the education that will equip them with the skills and knowledge in leadership.
At the end of the fellowship, doctors will have;
- The Healthcare management expertise to take on leadership and management roles
- Close mentorship from senior clinicians, world-leading physicians and surgeons.
- Obtained an Executive Masters in Medical Leadership, which meets all FMLM standards
- Gained experience of cutting edge service delivery, innovative treatments and the most advanced medical equipment.
- There is also an opportunity to remain in HCA developed towards a management position for the right individuals
To apply for this role you will need;
- GMC and license to practice, fully registered with the GMC for a minimum of 3 years
- Trained to ST3 and above in Core Medical Training or Critical Care.
- Able to work a medical rota, split over 12 or 24 hour shifts, include a range of days, nights and weekends.
- Able to demonstrate a long-term appetite for management leadership and commitment to see out the fellowship programme.
Please submit your CV, covering letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this fellowship programme, your interest specifically in HCA and long term ambitions of Medical Leadership.
For further information on the course you can visit Executive Master's in Medical Leadership | Bayes Business School (city.ac.uk)
HCA Healthcare Hospitals; London Bridge Hospital. The Wellington Hospital. Harley Street Clinic, Princess Grace Hospital, Private Care at Guys Hospital, The Lister Hospital ( Chelsea ) The Portland Hospital, Private Care at The Shard, Leaders in Oncology, Private Care at UCH, Private Care at The Christie Hospital ( Manchester ) The Harborne Hospital ( Birmingham )