The Harley Street Clinic – London
Senior Cardiac Radiographer - MRI
London, The Harley Street Clinic
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Shift times: 7.5 hour shifts between 08:00 and 20:00
Salary: £45,000 - £51,000 dependent upon experience
We’re looking for a Senior Radiographer to join our MRI team at The Harley Street Clinic, currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
The MRI department at Harley Street Clinic consists of three Siemens magnets, 1x 3.0T and 2 x 1.5T. Our team of highly skilled radiographers work with leading sub-speciality consultant radiologists to deliver a five-star patient experience in world class facilities. The department can deliver a wide range of exams with the majority of our examinations based around oncology and cardiology care. We perform complex Cardiac scans including congenital cardiac scans. The MRI department alongside other imaging modalities provides one of the most comprehensive Imaging offerings in Private Healthcare.
As a Senior Radiographer in MRI, you’ll provide a high level of customer-focussed to our patients and service users through high quality diagnostic radiography
Duties & responsibilities:
- Assist the MRI Superintendent with the running of the MRI service, maintaining high standards at all times
- Adhere to MRI safety within the MRI suite at all times outlined in the Local Rules.
- Perform complex unsupervised examinations including cardiac MRI (stress perfusions and basic scans)
- Work closely with the Radiologists and Consultants in setting up policies and protocols for all imaging and patient pathways
- Identify improvements on an ongoing basis and oversee the implementation of such improvements as agreed with the line manager
- Assist the day to day running of the imaging service
- Assist with patient bookings and administrative duties where necessary, ensuring verified radiologist reports are delivered in a timely manner
- Assist with staff orientation and training
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- HCPC registration
- Extensive MRI experience gained post-graduation, ideally in the UK
- High level of understanding with regards to clinical governance and protocols relating to MRI
- Minimum 1 year Cardiac MRI experience
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Senior Radiographer at The Harley Street Clinic, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.