BANK Oncology Complementary Therapist
Manchester, The Christie Private Care
Contract Type – Bank
We are looking for a Bank Complementary Therapist to join our Specialist Oncology AHP team at The Christie Private Care (TCPC), currently rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC.
This is a unique opportunity to join our clinically advanced, motivated, supportive and compassionate team whose focus above all else is to ensure the delivery of exceptional care.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering a range of complementary therapies, including reflexology, aromatherapy and massage to cancer patients who attend TCPC.
As a bank complementary therapist, you will be part of our specialist AHP consisting of physiotherapists and dietitians and a member of the HCA bank (temporary staffing group).
Duties & Responsibilities
· To provide aromatherapy massage and / or reflexology to patients with cancer
· To keep accurate records concerning the patients and their use of the service.
· To act as a resource and support to patients regarding the role of complementary therapy in helping them to manage symptoms and side effects of cancer and its treatment.
· To receive regular supervision by the service lead
· To be able to demonstrate engagement in activities designed to continue professional development such as attendance at study days.
· To carry out all work in a professional manner, in accordance with good practice standards and relevant policies and legislation.
Skills & Experience
· Recognised training in aromatherapy / reflexology (e.g. IFA, AOC)
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience, with experience working with cancer patients
· Participation in clinical supervision
· Knowledge of cancer, its impact and management