The Wellington Hospital – London
Role: Matron – Cardiac, General Surgery and Renal service
Location – The Wellington Hospital, North London
Salary – Competitive experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a Matron within our Cardiac team, General surgery and Renal service team. The successful applicant will be an experienced registered nurse with a positive leadership style. We are seeking a confident and motivated senior nurse with up-to-date nursing knowledge and experience to lead our enthusiastic team within the Cardiac and surgical ward as well as they Dialysis unit. The post holder will adopt a highly visible and accessible approach for patients, their carers/relatives and staff. They will lead by example and empower staff in their personal and professional development. The Wellington Hospital currently rated “Good” by the CQC.
The post holder will work closely with their nursing teams, Cardiologists, Radiographers to ensure that we deliver an excellent experience for our patients, who are coming in as elective or emergency presentations. So adopting a team approach to problem-solving, good communication and organisational skills are essential.
We are looking for a highly motivated, committed and enthusiastic nurse leader that is passionate about delivering high quality compassionate care, who is also equipped with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. You should be an enthusiastic, innovative, highly motivated senior nurse leader to fulfil this exciting role of Matron.
Duties & Responsibilities
- A visible nurse leader and role model for a number of clinical areas with the responsibility and accountability for professional standards
- Inclusive leadership, professional standards and accountability
- Professionally accountable and maintain the standards of professional practice as set by the appropriate regulatory body applicable to your profession or role
- Providing line management for Senior Sisters / Charge Nurses, Clinical / Advanced Nurse Specialists and Consultant Nurses
Skills & Experience
- Registered Adult Nurse
- Demonstrate evidence of ongoing education
- At least 5 years post registration experience
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
- We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Senior Staff Nurse in our surgical Unit you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.