The Wellington Hospital – London
Role: Duty Nurse Manager
Location: London: The Wellington Hospital
Hours: Part time; 18.75 hours per week
Shift times: rotational
Salary: Competitive + shift enhancement
We are recruiting for a Duty Nurse manager to join our nursing team at The Wellington Hospital currently rated “Good” by the CQC.
The Duty Nurse Manager team are an integral part of the operational running of the hospital, responsible for running the in and out of hours challenges an acute hospital provides.
The post holder will be accountable for the provision of clinical site management and leadership across the WH site over the 24-hour period, taking part in a 7 day per week rota including nights and bank holidays.
The post holder will provide visible clinical leadership and be first point of contact for all operational and clinical issues that arise on the WH site. Working autonomously, they will reach critical decisions to ensure the safety of patients, visitors and staff and achieve efficient flow of patients through the various clinical areas
This role requires a strong leadership background, excellent communication, experience in key decision making, risk management, problem solving and good governance understanding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide senior nursing support and professional and clinical advice to all areas within the site out of hours.
- Act as first point of call for ward’s/department’s during the out of hours period, liaising with the senior managers on call as appropriate.
- Responsible for effective patient flow; both unscheduled and scheduled admissions
- Work in conjunction with the Urgent Care Centre, Acute Assessment Units and other members of the Patient Flow Team
- To undertake the lead in the hospital’s emergency plans for fire, cardiac arrest, major incident etc.
- Collaborate with relevant departmental heads when hospitals operational facilities are / or have the potential to be adversely affected.
- Work towards an effective risk sensitive solution to the issue.
- Be a highly visible role model to all staff within The Hospital.
- To liaise in a professional manner with internal and external customers
- Ability to cope with, manage and diffuse difficult and stressful situations and work effectively under pressure
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- RN & Current NMC Registration
- Understanding of specialty patient flows
- Experience managing & leading staff
- Ability to make decisions and work autonomously
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- ALS provider or willing to achieve in first 3 months of post
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Duty Nurse Manager you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.