HCA UK at the Harborne Hospital – Birmingham, West Midlands
Critical Care Junior Doctors, specialists in Intensive Care Medicine on a Level 3 Critical Care Adult Unit are welcomed to apply for our Resident Doctor positions.
Employer: HCA Healthcare UK. UKs largest private patient hospital group, specialists in complex care.
- Location: The Harborne Hospital, Birmingham, West Midlands.
- Salary: Up to £78,000 full time, pro-rata part time.
- Hours: A minimum commitment of 1x24hour shift per week.
- Contract: Full Time or Part Time, minimum 1 year.
- Benefits: Private Pension, Private Medical Insurance for you and your family, Paid Study leave, 264hours per annum of annual leave, Paid indemnity.
We’re looking for Critical Care Junior Doctors to join our Intensive care medicine team at The Harborne Hospital, our brand-new, purpose built, state-of-the-art £100m facility opened January, We are hosting a variety of outpatient and inpatient services across 50 beds, including 6 level 3 critical care beds, with predominant specialities including Cardiology/Cardiac Surgery, Cancer and Complex Surgery.
As a Resident Doctor you’ll cover our level 3 Critical Care Adult Unit, and general wards, acting on Consultant-Led decisions in partnership with highly specialist Nurses. Day-to-day this could include pre-op or post-op treatments, clinical assessments, ward rounds or clerking admissions, reviewing discharges, assessing referrals and providing immediate medical care such as attending and leading on emergency cardiac arrest calls or other instances where patients need your medical specialist support.
While we are a Consultant Led Service, we believe in empowering our Resident Doctors, so your role could become expand as much as you wish. You’ll have the chance to be involved in audits, projects and quality improvement initiatives alongside the opportunity to join a variety of internal networks. This could be to help steer the services you deliver, speaking up or patient satisfaction focus groups, clinical governance or MDT meetings. Giving you an opportunity to network with your peers, share best practice and expand your knowledge in an unrivalled setting.
Suitable Doctors will need
- GMC Registration and License to Practice in the UK
- Intensive Care Medicine training, (Critical Care and Anaesthesia)
- Experience working in a level 3 Critical Care Adult Unit.
- A passion for team work, patient focused care with the ability to build and share best practice and offer a first-class patient experience
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Resident Doctor Critical Care you’ll be eligible for:
How we can support your development:
- As Doctor with us you’ll have access to a dedicated study budget and study leave for courses relevant to your specialty
- We can also offer you access to a comprehensive learning academy where you can enrol on courses or Harvard Business Course case review forums
- If you’d like to develop further, we’re able to offer grants and sponsorship for research, as well as funding for personal development through courses such as the ‘Executive Masters in Medical Leadership’ in partnership with Bayes Business School, or other courses such as MBA’s or PhDs
- Should you wish, you can also work closely with globally recognised professors and medical mentors to help produce publications papers or research documents.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.
HCA Healthcare UK hold a Tier 2 sponsorship licence which permits us to be able to recruit the best talent in the UK as well as overseas.