The Harley Street Clinic – London
Role: Director- Quality and Risk
London: The Harley Street Clinic Campus (THSC, Sarah Cannon Research Institute, UCH, LOC)
Full time 37.5 hours per week
We are recruiting for a Director- Quality and Risk to join our The Harley Street Cancer Campus at the currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC.
As the Director of Quality & Risk you will provide strong, professional leadership to The Harley Street Clinic and will be the expert advisor on quality governance, quality assurance, improvement, risk management, and is accountable for ensuring the facility meets and exceeds compliance with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
You will be responsible in leading on integrating, coordinating and assuring governance systems and assurance processes whilst managing the facility Governance Team.
The Director of Quality & Risk will lead on ensuring the implementation of quality and risk improvement initiatives to ensure that governance systems, processes and standards support HCA's Quality Governance Strategy and Framework and meets (and exceeds) regulatory standards
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- Current and extensive senior healthcare governance, patient experience, risk management and quality improvement experience and leadership
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of principles of quality governance and compliance in the private sector including risk management, clinical effectiveness, audit and quality improvement, acquired through post graduate diploma or equivalent experience or training
- Demonstrable previous success in delivering a comprehensive governance agenda within a complex organisation
- Experience of leading a successful and high performing team and generate positive attitudes in others and apply constructive direction and leadership
- Able to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information, negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues, and present complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups
- Ability to be intellectually flexible and to look beyond existing structures, ways of working, and boundaries to produce more effective and innovative improvements to service delivery
- Ability to enthuse, motivate and involve influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders and staff
- Approachable, helpful and encouraging with well-developed and purposeful communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Negotiate effectively on difficult and controversial issues performance and quality improvement and change
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Radiotherap you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.