Job Title: Financial Controls & Compliance Advisor
Some Hybrid Working
Full time 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Up to £35,000 Dependant on Experience.
We’re looking for a Financial Controls & Compliance Advisor to join our Corporate Finance team based in London. Our Financial Controls and Compliance team(‘FCC’) collaboratively works with the management team to improve identified process and control weaknesses and inefficiencies. Supporting our stakeholders throughout this time to ensure that they have a thorough understanding of such changes.
They work with the management team to ensure the recommendations of last year’s internal audit from our US parent company are progressed in line with required timescales. Supporting our facilities alongside our corporate office to prepare for forthcoming audits.
FCC is also responsible for internal financial policies, key controls, and SOX Controls. Alongside, responsibility working closely with the Technical Accountant, in collaborating with our external auditors, ensuring that all aspects of the audit go smoothly.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. It is this guiding vision that influences everything we do at HCA UK. From the CEO to the colleagues on the floor we all have a part to play in delivering exceptional care to our patients. Other’s may think this is just a role in the FCC team but to us, you will be part of a wider team with a unique sense of purpose, one that helps improve lives on a daily basis.
As a Financial Controls & Compliance Advisor you will have the opportunity to:
- Review colleague / stakeholder system access (SOX controls) Be responsible for the review of colleagues / stakeholder expense claims and the reconciliation of the corporate AMEX cards.
- Work with relevant staff to implement new procedures, processes and controls as required.
- Maintain a tracking system of status on all audit recommendations.
- Manage the process of implementation of the recommendations and report any problem areas.
- Be responsible for the review of one-off payments.
- Support in the review of monthly close down reports
- Monitor compliance of the FCPA requirements around payments to agents.
- Document new policies and procedures and ensure they are issued to relevant staff and implemented. Monitor compliance with internal policies.
- Ensure Finance policies are updated.
- Any other projects as required.
What you will bring:
- Working towards a chartered accountancy qualification (ACCA)
- Background in working in finance and within Audit. Desirable to have knowledge of SOX Controls.
- Good organisation skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Good people skills and ability to work well with others in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Ability to multitask under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement / management at all levels and able to influence.
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Financial Controls & Compliance Advisor you will be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you.
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme.
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection, and lifestyle benefits to suit you.
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers.
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That is the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion, and respect for our patients and for each other. By collaborating with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated, and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That is why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.