Job Title: Events Manager
Full time: 37.5 Hours
Shift times: Usually Monday to Friday, with some Weekend / Evening Working (as required)
Salary: Up to £35,000 dependant on experience and skills.
We’re looking for an Events Manager to join our events team based in Central London.
Our events team organise, manage, coordinate, and deliver events, as part our GP engagement programme. Working closely within our GP Relationship Managers alongside other key stakeholders and leaders within our business to deliver events which support the development and growth of our amazing organisation.
As our Events Manager you’ll undertake the management of GP marketing for HCA UK’s GP engagement programme, with accountability for adding all new events to Eventbrite. You will also undertake the management of copy and delivery of all GP marketing emails via Dot digital.
You will update the HCA UK GP events webpage with upcoming events. Whilst attending the events both virtually and in person. This role will require evening and weekend work.
What you’ll do:
- You will take management and accountability for delivering the HCA UK GP engagement events (virtual programme) Attend weekly meetings with the Head of Events to plan upcoming events and regular meetings with hospital BDM teams to track progress of event's
- Secure speakers and manage communications to ensure they are well prepared for the events. Following up on all events with a post event survey.
- Engagement of Key Systems and Processes, submitting all events for CPD accreditation and ensure all documentation is submitted on time and certificates are send to GPs once approved.
- Work closely with the head of event and CRM and Analytics manager to monitor GPs referrals following all events.
- Working with our legal and finance team to set up new suppliers.
- Work directly with our in-house studio to create promotional collateral to include adverts, social, online, emails and brochures.
- Support with event planning and coordination of events including venue search, negotiation, travel and stock control.
- Act as a mentor to the Events Coordinator Mentor, ensuring they understand the systems and processes. Providing support, guidance and assist with day-to-day queries.
- Take accountability for event reports for CEO meetings and attend monthly CEO meetings within hospitals reporting on events delivered and planned for each month.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous experience of managing events within a large complex corporate organisation.
- The ability to build key strategic relationships with a range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Able to think outside the box and communicate your thoughts, ideas, and visions to creative colleagues.
- Able to work at pace and the high degree of accuracy within a large and complex organisation.
- A flexible approach to working patterns to facilitate the delivery of HCAs Events schedule.
- Highly competent IT Skills
- Exceptional communication skills coupled with the ability to inspire and influence.
Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life. It’s this guiding vision that influences everything we do at HCA UK. From the CEO to the colleagues on the floor we all have a part to play in delivering exceptional care to our patients. Other’s may think this is just a role in our Events team, but to us, you’ll be part of a wider team with a unique sense of purpose, one that helps improve lives on a daily basis.
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As our Events Manager, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.