Portland Hospital – London
Paediatric Cardiac CNS/CNS Lead Nurse
Location: The Portland Hospital for Women & Children
Hours: 37.5 pw (Mon-Fri)
Salary: Competitive (Band 8) plus Benefits
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) will be the lead nurse, taking responsibility for providing specialist knowledge, clinical skills and expertise in the treatment and management of Children and Young people with Cardiac conditions that attend the Portland Hospital/HCA for a variety of diagnostic and investigative procedures, as well as consultation and specialist advice.
The CNS is responsible and accountable for their own practice, working independently delivering high quality, safe, evidence based practice, whilst adhering to and following all appropriate corporate and local policies, complying with Clinical Governance at all times.
Although the majority of the CNS role is working independently, the post holder is expected to work within the wider multi-disciplinary team including specialist Cardiac consultants, paediatricians, nursing and therapy staff.
As the CNS Manager, this post holder will manage a team of CNS’ who work across various paediatric services and have an oversight of these services.
Skills & Experience:
· Children’s Nursing Qualification – RN Child or RSCN with valid NMC registration
· At least 5 years post registration experience in Children’s nursing
· First degree in nursing or health related subject
· Relevant cardiac qualification in specialist area and /or relevant extensive experience
· Mentorship qualification
· Experience of managing a team.
· Additional knowledge required for the role to be found on JD