The Wellington Hospital – London
Night Sterile Services Technician
The Wellington Hospital, London
Full Time, 37.5 hours/ week.
21:00pm – 05:00am
Permanent and Fixed Term Contract for 6 months available
£23,420 per annum + 12% shift enhancement for working nights
We’re looking for a Sterile Services Technician to join our CSSD team based at The Wellington Hospital. This role is vital in providing a high quality comprehensive sterilisation service of sterile instrument sets and singularly packed instruments for the treatment of patients in theatres and departments.
Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life. It’s this guiding vision that influences everything we do at HCA UK. From the CEO to the colleagues on the floor we all have a part to play in delivering exceptional care to our patients. Other’s may think this is just a role in our CSSD team, but to us, you’ll be part of a wider team with a unique sense of purpose, one that helps improve lives on a daily basis.
What you’ll do:
- Disinfection of flexible endoscopes and accessories, including the safe handling and storage of equipment
- Basic testing of equipment
- Ensure all tools used in the Decontamination area are functioning and report faulty equipment
- Ensure availability of cleaning equipment and correct level of detergents in the washer disinfector machines
- Understand the Inspection, Assemble and processing of reusable medical devices
- Assist in assuring adequate sterile supplies are available
- Store sterile/decontaminated articles in the correct manner
- Maintain correct records, file in the correct folder and provide information as required
What you’ll bring:
- Experience working in a sterile services department
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures either within the NHS or private hospital setting
- Health and Safety training including Lifting and Handling training
- A real team player who has excellent communication, attention to detail and the ability to recognise and report faults in equipment
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Sterile Services Technician, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.