Princess Grace Hospital – London
Job Title: Senior Medical Secretary | Fixed Term Contract
Location: Institute of Sport, Exercise and Health (ISEH), 30 Devonshire Street.
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: 9am – 5pm
12 month Fixed Term contract
Hybrid role (after probation)
We’re looking for a Senior Medical Secretary to join the Respiratory & Sports and Exercise Medical team based at Institute of Sport, Exercise and Health, 30 Devonshire Street.
As a Senior Medical Secretary you’ll be responsible for ensuring the continued provision of the highest quality of secretarial and administrative support. Duties will include providing full secretarial support to 2 consultants across various specialities, being responsible for the appropriate management of patient appointments, liaising with patients and hospital staff as required in order to facilitate this. You will also undertake any other duties as called upon to carry out by the Practice Manager.
Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life. It’s this guiding vision that influences everything we do at HCA UK. From the CEO to the colleagues on the floor we all have a part to play in delivering exceptional care to our patients. Other’s may think this is just a support role, but to us, you’ll be part of a wider team with a unique sense of purpose, one that helps improve lives on a daily basis.
What you’ll do:
- Provide full secretarial support to the Consultants practice (including audio-typing of clinical/non-clinical material, reports etc) including those of a sensitive nature, whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- At consultants’ request arrange admissions, request investigations and obtain test results using hospital data systems. Draw consultants’ immediate attention to results deemed abnormal or urgent.
- Manage other correspondence and telephone contacts appropriately.
- Maintain and file accurate patient records, including appropriate patient case note filing, and preparation of relevant clinic notes prior to Outpatient Clinics.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous Medical Secretarial experience.
- Significant understanding of Medical terminology.
- Strong attention to detail, accurate typing and letter proof reading skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills.
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. You’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.