Job - Resident Doctor – Generalist
Location – The Lister Hospital.
Contract Type - 2-year contract – FTE or LTFT with a range of flexible shifts. You can also join our bank, for extra shifts.
Salary - High Competitive
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day.
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Private healthcare and dental insurance for you and your family
- Critical illness cover and Life insurance
- Private pension contribution
At HCA we are open to International candidates, with GMC registration and licence to practise in the UK.
HCA can support with immigration, Certificates of sponsorship, Tier 2 Visa’s processed through our immigration’s specialists and temporary accommodation support for your arrival.
About the role
Resident Doctors at HCA UK are required to work independently within their skill set to review and treat a wide spectrum of inpatients with short and long-term, complex conditions, as well as formulate plans under the supervision of the Consultant in Charge or a leading Professor.
- You will ensure the highest standards of medical care for all patients, attending both in- and outpatient settings and to continually strive to improve this through participation in governance activities including audit and mortality reviews.
- You will work as an integral part of the experienced and established medical team reporting directly to the Consultant. The Consultant team spans general medicine and general surgery. The Resident Doctor team consists of full-time dedicated Doctors who are employed by HCA and are supported within the HCA management structure.
- You will also work be part of the ward MDT which includes nursing staff, specialist nurses, physiotherapists, dieticians and pharmacists.
- Your primary role is to attend to the day to day general medical care of inpatients including clerking new planned and unplanned admissions, daily patient ward rounds, responding to medical emergencies.
There are opportunities for educational development including in house oncology education and attending outpatient clinics within the admin time.
Skills and experience:
Completion of Foundation training and ideally at least 2 further year of medical experience.
Oncology/haematology patient experience within in-patient settings
MRCP or equivalent