The Harley Street Clinic – London
Cardiac Catheter Lab Manager
London: The Harley Street Clinic
FTC and Full-time 37.5 hours
Salary - Competitive + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the role:
The Harley Street Clinic is recruiting for a dynamic Cath Lab manager with a track record of successfully leading a team. As Cath Lab Manager you will provide specialist clinical knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiac and interventional radiology, cath lab procedures and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment. You will operationally manage the Cardiac Catheter Laboratories, ensuring a high quality service is delivered to all patients at all times including on-call / out of hours support.
- To be proactive and innovative in planning for the future to ensure the direction of cardiac and IR services is communicated and the service is able to deliver required activity within budget.
- Actively review staff engagement / feedback results and take appropriate actions to improve engagement measures and alignment of all teams working within the cath labs.
- Develop and implement a departmental training and development plan to support the progression and skill development of the cath lab teams.
- Ensure Professional Service Agreements are in place where necessary to support the delivery of clinical services including but not limited to Second Operator agreements, Cardio-thoracic and/or Vascular Surgeon stand-by cover agreements, Radiology Procedure Fee agreements etc.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Radiation Protection processes and procedures are followed within the Cath lab environment, including active participation in the Local Radiation User Groups and Radiation Protection Committee in line with HCA’s Radiation Protection governance framework.
- Accountable for Cath Labs budget, effectively manage, interpret and explain complex data linking expenditure to income
Qualifications and experiences
- Clinical qualification
- NMC or HCPC registered
- Extensive experience within Cardiac Catheter Laboratories
- Significant Leadership/ Management experience
- Expert resource advising on the Cardiac National Service Framework and NICE guidance and other Department of Health Directives relating to invasive cardiology.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, specialising in oncology, cardiology/cardiothoracic surgery, major complex surgery and neurosurgery. From pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating, awarded by the CQC.