London : London Bridge Hospital
Full time - 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Salary Range- Competitive dependent upon skills and experience
We’re looking for an Advanced Dietician to join our team at HCA within London Bridge Hospital, currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC.
London Bridge Hospital is one of six world-class hospitals within HCA, offering the very highest standards of clinical skills and nursing care across a wide range of specialties. It is a dynamic and highly professional environment where the advanced equipment and technology is second to none and our employees take pride in being the best at what they do.
As an Advanced Dietitian you will have a leading role within our dietetic outpatient service, providing advanced dietetic care within the specialist field of gastroenterology and other general outpatient areas (including women’s health, food sensitivities and weight management etc.)
The caseload will be mixed, but with a focus on functional gut disorders and the Hydrogen Breath Testing (HBT) service. There will be opportunity to have a supportive role within the inpatient department, aiding the surgical and nutritional support teams during times of high activity or staff shortage.
You will provide dietetic advice that is clinically evidence based and in line with best practice standards and appropriate to the patient group, cultures and social contexts of patients, families and carers. The senior specialist dietitian will be responsible for audits, service development and quality improvement projects.
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- BSc degree in dietetics or equivalent.
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) and British Dietetic Association (BDA).
- Minimum of three years experience with at least 12-18 months in the field of gastroenterology in an outpatient setting.
- To be proficient in teaching the low FODMAP diet in the management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Experience in a wide range of clinical areas including oral nutritional support, weight management, gastroenterology, cardio-thoracic and orthopaedics.
- Evidence of continued professional development (CPD) and renewal of clinical skills and knowledge.
- Ability to lead and contribute to service development and quality projects.
- Experience in evaluating projects and conducting clinical audits.
- Knowledge and understanding of nutritional screening tools.
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As an Advanced Dietician you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.