University College Hospital, HCA Joint ventures.
FTE or LTFT with a range of flexible shifts. You can also join our bank, for extra shifts.
Salary: Up to £71,000 dependent on skills & experience
We are looking for a Resident Doctor – Oncology and Haematology @ HCA Healthcare UCLH.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company operating at the very forefront of clinical innovation where you can work with, and learn from some of the country’s leading consultants.
All in a world-class environment, equipped with the very latest technology, such as robotics, and some of the most advanced therapies and treatments currently licenced in the UK.
And, with exceptionally strong colleague to patient ratios, you’ll have all the time you need to provide truly bespoke care to your patients.
While we are a Consultant Led Service, we believe in empowering our Resident Doctors, so your role could become expand as much as you wish. You’ll have the chance to be involved in audits, projects and quality improvement initiatives alongside the opportunity to join a variety of internal networks. This could be to help steer the services you deliver, speaking up or patient satisfaction focus groups, clinical governance or MDT meetings. Giving you an opportunity to network with your peers, share best practice and expand your knowledge in an unrivalled setting.
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- GMC registration with license to practice
- Completion of Foundation training and ideally at least 1 further year of medical experience.
- Oncology/haematology patient experience within in-patient settings
- ALS trained
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Resident Doctor you’ll be eligible for:
- For 40 hours full time contracts, 264 hours holiday each year (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you. This is pro-rata for part time contracts.
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
- Access to wellbeing support tools, through our thrive 365 channels, onsite mental health first aiders, and free counselling up to 6 sessions per annum.
- Paid Indemnity
How we can support your development:
- As Doctor with us you’ll have access to a dedicated study budget and study leave for courses relevant to your specialty
- We can also offer you access to a comprehensive learning academy where you can enrol on courses or Harvard Business Course case review forums
- If you’d like to develop further, we’re able to offer grants and sponsorship for research, as well as funding for personal development through courses such as the ‘Executive Masters in Medical Leadership’ in partnership with Bayes Business School, or other courses such as MBA’s or PhDs
- Should you wish, you can also work closely with globally recognised professors and medical mentors to help produce publications papers or research documents
Diversity and Inclusion:
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.
HCA Healthcare UK hold a Tier 2 sponsorship licence which permits us to be able to recruit the best talent in the UK as well as overseas. The license allows us to support General Visas as well as the Intra-company Transfer Visa for candidates that meet the specific role requirements. Your recruiter will be able to discuss whether this would be applicable to you during the application process, as well as running through any potential financial support with relocation.