HCA UK at The Christie Private Care – Manchester, Greater Manchester
Job Title: Part Time Housekeeping Assistant
Location: The Christie Private Care, Manchester
Part time: 24 hours per week, shifts between 0700 and 2100, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Salary: £11.49p + excellent benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits package plus career development)
We’re looking for a Housekeeping Assistant to join our Hotel Services team based in Manchester , The Christie Private Care. From cleaning private rooms to the public areas everyone enjoys, you’ll play a big part in helping us make our hospitals warm and welcoming. We’ll look to you to maintain our high standards by ensuring all areas are clean, presentable, and safe for visitors and patients.
Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life. It’s this guiding vision that influences everything we do at HCA UK. From the CEO to the colleagues on the floor we all have a part to play in delivering exceptional care to our patients. Other’s may think this is just a role in Housekeeping but to us, you’ll be part of a wider team with a unique sense of purpose, one that helps improve lives on a daily basis.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be passionate both patient care and cleanliness – someone who is able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and healthcare staff.
- You’ll also be comfortable working in a hospital environment and coming into contact with patients.
- Our communal areas are clean and tidy for visitors,
- To perform any tasks specifically assigned to you.
- To carry out any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor or designee.
- Attend mandatory training on annual basis.
What you’ll bring:
- be aware of hygiene standards.
- be passionate about customer care.
- be able to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- be able to work under pressure, and with a flexible approach.
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Housekeeping Assistant you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.