London, Canary Wharf – Part of The London Bridge Hospital
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Shift times: 4 or 5 day working patterns available between the hours of 08:00 and 20:00
£45,000 - £51,000 dependent upon experience. For a limited time, we are also offering a 10% welcome bonus for applicants not already known to the business. (T's & C's apply)
In spring 2024, HCA Healthcare UK will open an £18million, 20,000 sq. ft state-of-the-art outpatients and diagnostics centre in the heart of Canary Wharf. This expansion will meet the growing demand for private healthcare in Canary Wharf. When it opens, the centre will bring a new and unparalleled level of healthcare quality, capability and accessibility to the area.
We’re looking for a Senior Mammographer to join our Mammography service at The London Bridge Hospital, currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC.
The Mammography Department at London Bridge Hospital is proud of the robust service provided to screening patients and symptomatic clinic patients, offering a breadth of specialty reinforced by state-of-the-art breast imaging equipment from Hologic. Our team of highly skilled mammographers work with leading consultant breast radiologists to deliver a five-star patient experience in close liaison with breast surgeons on the same floor at The Shard, as well as 31 Old Broad Street.
As a Senior Mammographer at London Bridge Hospital, you’ll rotate through our main Hospital as well as our Satellite sites at The Shard and Old Broad Street and our newest site in Canary Wharf. We will ask you to undertake and perform all mammography procedures including assisting with biopsies and other interventional procedures under the guidance of the Breast Radiologist.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Perform quality control functions related to mammography.
- Undertake all administrative duties involved with the Mammography service under the guidance of the Site Superintendent and Mammography Superintendent.
- Utilise and understand the PACS Meditech Information Systems
- Be aware of the need to work at either the Shard or 31 Old Broad Street Satellite Sites.
- Participate in the rotation of Mammographers to other sites associated with the facility
- Participate in symptomatic breast clinics and assist with vacuum assisted biopsies where appropriate.
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- HCPC registration
- Relevant post Graduate experience with a post DCR in Mammography
- Knowledge of processes and procedures in Mammography
- Use of Hologic equipment previously
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Senior Mammographer at The London Bridge Hospital you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.