Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Location: Leighton Buzzard (Bedfordshire)
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
Shift times: Monday to Friday – Standard hours
Salary: Up to £26,000 - Dependant on experience.
We’re looking for a Warehouse Operative to join our distribution team based in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire. Our distribution centre is responsible for storage and supply to all HCA facilities around the UK, it is a small team of dedicated supply chain professionals and is ever growing to ensure we can continue to deliver the 5-star patient care we are famous for alongside an exceptional service to our materials colleagues within facility.
As a Warehouse Operative you’ll be responsible for processing the receipt of all inbound freight by packing slip and purchase order, as well as processing all outbound shipments from the warehouse.
Alongside this you will be replenishing product that have been received into its assigned stocking location, processing, picking, packing, staging, and shipping of all customer orders.
Inventory accuracy is the job of all of our warehouse colleagues.
Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life. It’s this guiding vision that influences everything we do at HCA UK. From the CEO to the colleagues on the floor we all have a part to play in delivering exceptional care to our patients. Other’s may think this is just a role in the distribution team, but to us, you’ll be part of a wider team with a unique sense of purpose, one that helps improve lives daily.
What you’ll bring:
- Knowledge of Warehouse management system (pick, pack, and ship).
- Medical / Surgical distribution experience (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Technical skills – able to operate a forklift vehicle and a motorized pallet jack. (Desirable) Training will be provided, if require.
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Warehouse Operative you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.