Portland Hospital – London
Senior Paediatric Radiographer
London, The Portland Hospital
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Shift times: 7.5 hour shifts between 08:00 and 20:00
Salary: £45,000 - £51,000 dependent upon experience
We’re looking for a Senior Radiographer to lead our Paediatric team at The Portland Hospital, currently rated “Good” by the CQC.
The Portland Hospital Imaging department has undergone an amazing transformation resulting in a bespoke state of the art Paediatric Radiology Department. This includes X-ray, Fluoroscopy and the innovative EOS Edge. Our team is comprised of dedicated and knowledgeable radiographers working in a multidisciplinary team to offer exceptional patient care and outcomes.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. As the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK, delivering over 1,600 babies a year, we place great importance on providing safe and high-quality care for expectant mothers. Both consultant-led and midwife-led maternity care is available, and our aim is to provide you with all the support you need during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Women’s health issues are treated by a team of 40 consultants, supported by nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and counsellors, with an emphasis on privacy and dignity.
The Portland hospital contains a top-of-the-line Siemens Somatom Force Dual Source scanner ideal for paediatrics. Our imaging service covers a wide range of complex medical needs for women and children alike, ranging from congenital paediatric cardiac CT, diagnosis of disease to CT guided interventional procedures. We are committed to ensuring patient safety and care, while maintaining radiation doses as low as possible.
The Cardiac catheter/Interventional radiology suite is a brand-new growing service which opened at The Portland Hospital in Feb 2023. Installed with a state-of-the-art Siemens bi plane imaging suite designed specifically for imaging paediatrics. The suite is used in a variety of procedures ranging from paediatric interventional cardiac catheters such as ASD, VSD, and PDA closures, to paediatric electrophysiology studies and ablations. The interventional radiology service is increasing, providing procedures in women’s health such as uterine artery embolization for fibroids. The paediatric interventional service ranges from line insertions on PICU cardiac babies to out-patient sclerotherapies. It is an exciting time for the interventional services which is set to grow and expand.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Provide accurate diagnostic imaging service
- Rotate in one or more of the following: CT, Cath Lab and IR and Plain Film Imaging
- Work within Radiation protection guidelines in accordance with the Local Rules and 2017 Ionising Radiation Medical Exposure Regulations IR(ME)R to ensure that the correct patient receives the correct x-ray examination with the minimum radiation dose by using ALARA principals and MHRA guidelines
- Have initiative and provide high level of customer care
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HCA policies & professional Code of Conduct
- Work as a team player, ensuring cover is provided at all times across all modalities, maximising clinical efficiency
- Participate in an on-call rota
- Participate in extended working days (by rota)
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- HCPC registration
- Prior experience in either CT or Interventional Radiology
- The willingness to rotate through General scanning
- Experience scanning Paediatric patients desirable but not essential. We would require someone who is keen to learn about Paediatric scanning, though as this would be a large portion of your role
- Be familiar with PACS and RIS software system
- Be familiar with undertaking audits
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Senior Radiographer at The Portland Hospital, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.