Princess Grace Hospital – London
Clinical Fellowship in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery at the London Breast Institute
Full time, Per: Monday- Friday. Day Shifts Only. 40 hours per week.
Salary: £63,805 - £70,999 depending on surgical experience
Plus a vast range of employee benefits.
Applications are invited for a Clinical Fellowship post in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery at The London Breast Institute (part of HCA Healthcare UK)
The London Breast Institute at The Princess Grace Hospital, sets new standards of delivery for breast care in the independent sector, maintaining three essential components: medical staffing, diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and research.
It’s a unique opportunity to join a company operating at the very forefront of clinical innovation where you can work with, and learn from some of the country’s leading consultants. All in a world-class environment, equipped with the very latest technology, such as robotics, and some of the most advanced therapies and treatments currently licenced in the UK.
Our new Fellow will be expected to perform at a level appropriate to their previous experience (ST3+) You will undertake elective 40 hours per week participating in a range of outpatient clinics, elective breast operating lists and participation in multidisciplinary team meetings.
In order to enhance experience, we expect our Fellow to undertake research activity, leading to presentations and publications, and this will be factored into clinical commitments.
While we are a Consultant Led Service, you’ll have the chance to be involved in audits, projects and quality improvement initiatives alongside the opportunity to join a variety of internal networks. This could be to help steer the services you deliver, speaking up or patient satisfaction focus groups, clinical governance or MDT meetings. Giving you an opportunity to network with your peers, share best practice and expand your knowledge in an unrivalled setting.
What you’ll bring:
This is suitable for a Core/Specialty Trainee or post foundation training doctor wishing to undertake a period of enhanced breast surgical training including research projects for the Institute.
- GMC Registration and License to Practice in the UK
- A senior trainee (ST3+) or a trainee who has already completed surgical training and wishes to gain further experience in the full range of oncoplastic breast surgery
*While the post is not recognised for training by the Postgraduate Dean, the post is of high educational value.
Why HCA UK?
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution
- For 40 hours full time contracts, 264 hours holiday each year (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you. This is pro-rata for part time contracts.
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
- Access to wellbeing support tools, through our thrive 365 channels, onsite mental health first aiders, and free counselling up to 6 sessions per annum
- Paid Indemnity
How we can support your development:
- As a Surgical Doctor with us you’ll have access to a dedicated study budget and study leave for courses relevant to your specialty
- We can also offer you access to a comprehensive learning academy where you can enrol on courses or Harvard Business Course case review forums
- If you’d like to develop further, we’re able to offer grants and sponsorship for research, as well as funding for personal development through courses such as the ‘Executive Masters in Medical Leadership’ in partnership with Bayes Business School, or other courses such as MBA’s or PhDs
- Should you wish, you can also work closely with globally recognised professors and medical mentors to help produce publications papers or research documents
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.