The Harley Street Clinic – London
London, The Harley Street Clinic
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Shift times: 7.5 hour shifts between 08:00 and 20:00
Salary: Competitive dependent upon experience
Closing date: 28.02.24
Interview date: 01.03.24
We are looking for a Senior Radiotherapist to join our team at The Harley Street Clinic, currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
The successful post holder will work collaboratively across the Radiotherapy service line responsible for fostering our one HCA ethos. You will have the opportunity to work across the department on the linacs and CT as required. In addition, there will be some cross site working across the Radiotherapy network South to include Gamma Knife at the Wellington Hospital and our joint ventures sites at Guys and UCH.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the accurate planning or administration of radiosurgery and radiotherapy treatments ensuring accurate documentation of treatments in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with senior radiotherapy staff, agree, implement and monitor systems of work, quality assurance procedures and protocols.
- Maintain effective liaison with all appropriate staff to ensure the provision of a high-quality service and a smooth and efficient work flow across the radiation oncology services.
- Operate radiosurgery and radiotherapy equipment in accordance with operational procedures ensuring routine quality assurance procedures are carried out.
- Ensure all equipment faults and malfunctions are recorded and reported to the Radiotherapy Service Manager and Physicist.
- Ensure accurate statistical information is collated in accordance with department policy. Take part in audits as required.
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- DCR(T) or BSc (Hons) Therapeutic Radiographer
- Post-graduation clinical experience
- HCPC Registration
- Prior Varian experience (Essential)
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Align RT experience (Desirable)
- Prior CT experience (Desirable)
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Senior Radiotherapist at The Harley Street Clinic, you’ll be eligible for:
- 187.5 hours each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with years of service and with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.