HCA Primary Care – Wilmslow, Cheshire
Full-time - 37.5 hours/week
Shifts: 8.30am - 5pm Monday – Friday only
Salary – £25,000-£27,000 depending on experience and skills
About the role:
We're looking for a physiologist to work in co-operation with the Primary Care Team including Doctors, Nurses and Medical Technicians. Our Physiologists are part of a team that provides timely, efficient, high quality care, equitable, professional, conducting medicals to our patients in Wilmslow.
As a physiologist in our primary care division you'll:
- Conduct all health screening tests which include spirometry, audiometry, pulse wave velocity, body composition, vision acuity and other specialised medicals
- Attend annual Immediate Life Support (ILS) course and other training sessions as required to maintain job role.
- Upload results in support of creating medical reports
- Lead health screening promotional days externally for corporate clients.
- Calibrate all diagnostic testing equipment on a daily, conduct clinical audits and sustain high clinical standards
- Interpret and coach clinical data to patients when required
- Be committed to high standards of patient care
- Ensure daily services at all sites are run efficiently to help deliver quality care for patients.
What you'll bring:
- Experience within a healthcare setting
- Ability to provide good quality care
- Care certificate (or working towards)
- Awareness of the need to focus on continuous quality improvement
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Physiologist you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.