Princess Grace Hospital – London
Head of Governance and Risk
London: The Princess Grace Hospital
Full time 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive + benefits
We are recruiting for a Head of Governance to join our team at Princess Grace Hospital. As the Head of Governance you will provide strong, professional leadership to and will be the expert advisor on quality governance, quality assurance, improvement, risk management, and is accountable for ensuring the facility meets and exceeds compliance with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
You will be responsible in leading on integrating, coordinating and assuring governance systems and assurance processes whilst managing the facility Governance Team.
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- Act as a lead for ensuring all services are legally registered within the statutory and regulatory frameworks and are meeting the CQC essential standards and outcomes and all future regulatory assessment/investigation approach
- Providing expert advice and support to the Executive Directors and Senior Managers on matters relating to such areas as risk and incident management.
- Liaise with the Patient experience lead to support the process of monitoring patient experience
- Lead on the implementation, ongoing assessment and development of the CQC standards, working closely with teams, professional leads and managers to ensure broad understanding and ownership and liaising with external monitoring/regulatory bodies.
- Lead on monitoring HCA Healthcare wide activities to ensure compliance with the Care Quality Commission and other requirements as directed.
- Review, summarise and advise about national guidance and legislation; national and local clinical quality indicators/standards; information and guidance in order to support service development and deliver
- Ensuring that the executive team are advised in a timely manner of high risk incidents, complaints or cases that might have a substantial impact on patient care or reputation of the HCA International
- Lead, develop and ensure effective mechanisms are in place for learning from serious incidents, complaints, and to encourage a patient focussed learning culture. Working in partnership with the Director of Clinical Services and other key individuals
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience within a Hospital Governance, Risk or Quality position is essential
- Postgraduate qualification/Masters or equivalent in-depth training and/or significant experience in risk, governance or compliance
- Clinical/Nursing experience would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of implementing Quality, regulatory compliance, Governance and risk management frameworks
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Head of Governance you will be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.