Role: Chef De Partie
Location: London, The Lister Hospital
Shifts: Flexible shift patterns to suit you, between Monday and Sunday, 6:30am to 10pm
Hours: Full time –37.5 hours per week
Salary: £24243 - £ 26936 Annually depending on experience + excellent benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits package plus career development)
Thrive in a kitchen where every meal matters more.
Forget any preconceptions you might have about hospital food. The food you create for us – all made from fresh ingredients and prepared on site – will be every bit as eye-opening and enticing as meals served by the best hotels and restaurants. You’ll be able to build on any commercial kitchen experience you might have, working under the supervision of a Sous Chef or Head Chef and will be assigned a particular place on the line.
But while the buzz of the kitchen might be familiar, the difference here is that the work you do will be a vital part of the total care package we offer, helping as many patients as possible to return to full health quicker. Whether it’s high quality nutrition to help them recover, comfort food for when they’re feeling vulnerable, or something that looks and tastes amazing to take their minds off their worries – you’ll have a huge impact on patient care.
Who we’re looking for
While you don’t need any specific qualifications to join us, we’re looking for a special kind of person to join us – someone who is excited to learn and develop new skills. As well as this you’ll:
- have an in-depth knowledge of the baking standards, cooking and grilling techniques
- be able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- have a talent to learn new recipes and cooking procedures quickly
- show great organisation and time management skills
- be able to work efficiently and co-operatively in a team environment
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Chef de Partie you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.