HCA UK at the Harborne Hospital – Birmingham, West Midlands
Sister/Charge Nurse - Outpatients
The Harborne Hospital, Birmingham
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience, 9% shift allowance (if applicable) + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
We’re looking for a Sister/Charge Nurse within our Outpatients department to join our Nursing Team at The Harborne Hospital.
The Harborne Hospital - part of HCA Healthcare UK is a brand new £100million, purpose built 50 bed, multi-speciality private hospital opening in Birmingham in January 2024. Located on the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham campus, the hospital will have the deep clinical infrastructure, equipment and facilities and expert, experienced teams to deliver full clinical pathways across a mix of specialties and sub-specialties at all levels of complexity including Cardiology, Cancer and Complex Surgery. The Harborne Hospital is the 4th NHS partnership within this network, partnering with University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Trust.
As a Sister/Charge Nurse, you will…
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence-based practice.
- Actively lead junior staff to work according to organisational policies and in accordance with HCA Code of Conduct.
- Supervise and support staff in delivering appropriate patient care.
- Ensure working practices follow Endoscopy national guidelines
- Maintain an up-to-date professional portfolio.
- Participate in clinical supervision (or similar) and mentorship of staff.
- Continue to develop professionally in chosen area of speciality.
- Adopt the Departmental Philosophy of Care and behaviours.
- Actively be involved in assessing and managing all clinical risks
- To demonstrate excellent leadership and assist with the development of the department in terms of staff skills, resource efficiency and business interest
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous experience leading and motivating a team
- Able to work well within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience within an Outpatients department is essential
- A great communicator at all levels (verbal, written and listening)
- Approachable, dedicated and hardworking, and presents a professional image
- Self-aware and self-motivated to develop themselves
- Current registration with the NMC
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Sister/Charge Nurse, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.