Full Time/Part Time: 2/4/6/8 sessions per week
Salary: From £9,570 per session
We’re looking for a career-minded, energetic and experienced General Practitioner to provide adult health screening assessments to our corporate patients at our Edinburgh Clinic. Our patient cohort are generally the "working well".
As a GP/Health Screening Doctor in Edinburgh you will join a friendly and supportive team and be given the time to care for your patients and a healthy work life balance.
"As a GP at HCA UK - you can have it all"
Appointment times vary from 30 minutes for a basic male screening and 45 minutes for a basic female screening up to 90 minutes for a more in-depth consultation.
You will carry out some basic procedures such as taking bloods, ECG's and smear tests and have the opportunity to give lifestyle medicine advice.
Your patients have instant referral access to leading specialists Consultants into world class facilities.
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you'll bring:
- Applicants must be GMC registered. You do not need to be on the performers list but do need to be on the GP register. (Do get in touch if you are not on the UK GP register but have practised as a GP in another country)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of IT systems
- A friendly and can do attitude
- An interest in lifestyle/preventative medicine
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a GP/Health Screening Doctor you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.