Leaders in Oncology Care – London
Triage Oncology Senior Staff Nurse
London, Leaders In Oncology Care (LOC) at Harley Street
Full Time 37.5hrs (12.5-hour shift pattern including nights and weekends)
£competitive dependent on skills & experience plus shift allowance
We are also offering an attractive £5000 Golden Hello welcome incentive payment to successful candidates who join us.
We’re looking for an Oncology Senior Staff Nurse to join our Triage team at Leaders In Oncology Care, one of our specialist cancer treatment centres, currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC and proud recipient of The Macmillan Quality Environment Mark for our commitment to patient wellbeing and privacy. Our Triage team provides 24/7 access to nursing advice and care and are a vital part of the holistic service we offer, ensuring patients receive the best possible treatment - whenever they need it.
As an Oncology Triage Nurse, you’ll be part of a small team providing advice and care using the UKONS Telephone Triage Toolkit. Day-to-day you’ll answer calls, assess patients and provide advice over the phone while also providing care for existing patients on the unit.
You’ll use your in-depth knowledge and expertise to identify potential emergencies and work as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team to effectively manage patients during their treatment, including caring for patients who need an intervention following a triage call. It’s a varied role, you’ll never know what each call will bring, but you can leave each day knowing you’re part of a team dedicated to supporting people through one of the most difficult periods in their lives.
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll need:
- NMC registered Nurse
- Post registration experience within haematology or oncology setting
- Systemic Anti- Cancer Treatment passport/experience of administering SACT
- Clinical skills in venepuncture, cannulation, CVAD management and the administration of intravenous drugs.
- Wide and evidence-based knowledge of systemic anti-cancer treatments e.g. chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiotherapy etc and the known and lesser known side effects of these.
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As an Oncology Triage Nurse at LOC you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.