The Harley Street Clinic – London
Job - Resident Doctor Oncology
Location – The Harley St Clinic
Contract Type - 2-year contract – FTE or LTFT with a range of flexible shifts. You can also join our bank, for extra shifts.
Salary – Competitive + Benefits
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day.
- 25 days holiday each year (excluding bank holidays)
- Health Benefits; Private healthcare, private GP and dental insurance for you and your family
- Protection: Critical illness cover and Life assurance for you and your spouse, personal accident insurance, travel insurance and will writing
- Private pension contribution and free pension advice
- Lifestyle: Cycle to work scheme, gymflex plus other discounts
- Annual pay review
At HCA we are open to international candidates, with GMC registration and licence to practise in the UK.
HCA can support with immigration, Certificates of sponsorship, Tier 2 Visa’s processed through our immigration’s specialists and temporary accommodation support for your arrival.
About the role
Resident Doctors at HCA UK are required to work independently within their skill set to review and treat a wide spectrum of inpatients with short and long-term, complex conditions, as well as formulate plans under the supervision of the Consultant in Charge or a leading Professor.
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play an integral part and to work collaboratively with specialist consultants, nursing professionals and members of the multidisciplinary team to provide 24-7 excellent patient care, maintain a high standard of work and uphold the professional image of HCA Healthcare UK.
- Carry out a comprehensive handover from outgoing Resident doctor to incoming Resident doctor at each shift change and to maintain a high standard of accurate documentation on electronic patient records and any paper notes.
- Day to day medical care of inpatients- admissions and discharges and assessing referrals from ward Resident doctors.
- Daily patient ward rounds, responding to medical needs, and emergencies and caring for end of life patients.
- Provide any urgent medical attention to staff and visitors until the person is admitted under a consultant or transferred to an NHS facility.
- GMC registration and be in good upstanding with GMC
- Completion of Foundation training and at least 2 further years of Oncology.
- Oncology patient experience within in-patient/outpatient settings
- ALS trained
- FRCA/ FICM/ MRCEM/MRCP
- NHS training programme in general medicine/oncology
Career Progression and Opportunities for development
Core staff have an allocated study budget, for courses relevant to speciality. HCA has a comprehensive Learning Academy where you can enrol on courses. HCA offer grants and sponsorship for research and opportunities to develop leadership skills with the ‘Executive Master’s in Medical Leadership’ with Bayes Business school The opportunity to work closely with Oncology consultants to produce papers or research Personal development
About HCA Oncology