London Bridge Hospital – London
Job Title e: Catering Supervisor
Location: London, Private Care at Guys
Full Time : 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: Flexible shift patterns, between Monday and Sunday, 6:30am to 10 pm
Salary: £24,219 - £26,910 + excellent benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits package plus career development)
Right to work in UK No sponsorship provided
We’re looking for a Catering Supervisor to join our Hotel Services team based in London, Private Care at Guys . From enjoy creating exceptional food experiences. From managing a team, producing weekly rotas and ordering supplies, to creating a positive and energised working environment, you’ll use your catering or hospitality experience to ensure we deliver an outstanding culinary service for our patients, visitors and staff. You’ll help us create and serve meals that are every bit as fresh, eye-opening and enticing as those served by the best hotels and restaurants. This is a chance to get great kitchen experience while enjoying the kind of benefits few commercial restaurants are able to provide.
The big difference between this role and a more standard Catering Supervisor is that the work you do will be a vital part of the total care package we offer, helping as many patients as possible to return to full health quicker. Whether it’s high quality nutrition to help them recover, comfort food for when they’re feeling vulnerable, or something that looks and tastes amazing to take their minds off their worries – you’ll have a huge impact on patient care.
As a Catering Supervisor you’ll be both professional and friendly – someone who’s completely focused on customer service, with a can-do attitude.
Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life. It’s this guiding vision that influences everything we do at HCA UK. From the CEO to the colleagues on the floor we all have a part to play in delivering exceptional care to our patients. Other’s may think this is just a role in Catering but to us, you’ll be part of a wider team with a unique sense of purpose, one that helps improve lives on a daily basis.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for professional and friendly people – someone who’s completely focused on customer service, with a can-do attitude. As well as this you’ll:
- have experience leading frontline teams within a similar environment
- be great with people, able to communicate clearly with team members and customers
- hold a Level 3 Food Hygiene and Safety certificate in catering (or similar)
- have a clear understanding of the importance of legislation and regulations – including food safety and hygiene, health and safety, uniform and others
- be completely focused on customer service, with a can-do attitude
- be comfortable working under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- have the ability to work on your own initiative, and think outside the box to solve problems and create opportunities
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Catering Supervisor you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.