London Bridge Hospital – London
Deputy Estates Manager
London Bridge Hospital, 27 Tooley St, London SE1 2PR
Full time 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday, with on call and weekends also required 1 in 4)
Monday – Friday, 08.00 – 17.00
We’re looking for a Deputy Estates Manager to join our Estates team based at our London Bridge Hospital. This role is vital in ensuring a first class building maintenance service within the hospital and satellite sites.
Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life. It’s this guiding vision that influences everything we do at HCA UK. From the CEO to the colleagues on the floor we all have a part to play in delivering exceptional care to our patients. Other’s may think this is just a role in our Estates team, but to us, you’ll be part of a wider team with a unique sense of purpose, one that helps improve lives on a daily basis.
What you’ll do:
- To ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times and to adhere to statutory and HCA Healthcare policies and procedures
- Develop the philosophy and strategy of the Estates Department managing recruitment and staff development
- Manage the day to day operation of the department
- Develop and manage planned preventive maintenance schedules, in line with departmental goals and objectives, maintaining accurate records and documentation at all times all the while liaising with your line manager.
- Respond to, and complete incoming works
- Manage departmental Stock Control
- Carry out installation works as instructed
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management
- Management of 24hr emergency on call provision
What you’ll bring
- Qualified in relevant discipline e.g. City & Guilds or NVQ in Mechanical/Plumbing
- Qualification in relevant discipline e.g City & Guilds/NVQ in Electrical and M&E building services
- Previous extensive experience within a Hospital or similar organisation is essential
- Knowledge of medical gas pipeline systems/AP or CP is desirable
- Good general knowledge and understanding of all disciplines within building services. Health and Safety, COSHH, Lifting and Handling, Fire regulations and Water Management
- Supervisory, leadership and team management experience
- Budget Management
- Knowledge of HTM guidelines and relevant regulations
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Deputy Estates Manager you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.