HCA UK at The Wilmslow Hospital – Wilmslow, Cheshire
Clinical Pharmacist - Internationally Qualified
Location: Manchester - The Wilmslow Hospital
Salary: £42,000 - £46,000 per annum depending on experience + £5,000 Golden Hello + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
Contract type: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
If you are an internationally qualified pharmacists and would like to explore working for one of the lead private healthcare providers in the world, please scroll down to find out more!
This opportunity is aimed at either:
- Internationally qualified pharmacists who have recently received GPhC registration
- EEA Qualified Pharmacists who have recently obtained a ‘recognition of qualification’ and in the process of obtaining GPhC registration
- Non-EEA Qualified Pharmacists who has completed OSPAP Course (Overseas Pharmacists’ Assessment Programme) and in completion of Foundation Year.
About the Facility
The Wilmslow Hospital is dedicated to delivering world-class healthcare, the Hospital is packed with cutting edge, state-of-the-art tech to ensure patients get the most accurate diagnosis and treatments, and top-class consultant-led care, it’s a fantastic place to work.
There's everything from a modern 3T MRI scanner to laminar flow operating theatres, which means you are supported by the finest tech.
The Clinical Pharmacist is a key role, responsible for delivering a high standard of pharmaceutical services to meet the needs of our clients. You will act as a key member of the Pharmacy team, ensuring the safe and effective running of the pharmacy whilst always looking at ways to improve processes and the quality of the service provided across Wilmslow Hospital. The Clinical Pharmacist will have the relevant skills and knowledge to deliver a safe pharmaceutical service to patients in a sensitive, confident and professional manner.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to inpatients and outpatients, including prescription monitoring, the provision of drug information, medicines reconciliation and patient counselling.
- Maintain a supply of prescribed medications to inpatients
- Assist in running the inpatient and outpatient dispensaries
- Receive and supply controlled drugs in line with policies and regulatory requirements
Skills and experience:
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) or in the final stages of obtaining
- Community pharmacy experience will be considered
- Knowledge within a clinical hospital environment
- Specialist knowledge of aseptic production is desirable
Apart from a generous salary package, as an HCA employee you will have access to the to the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- Critical Illness Cover
- Dental Insurance
- Subsidised Gymflex membership
- GP Health Assessment
- Private f2f / Digital GP services
- Option to buy / sell holidays
- Life Assurance
- Travel Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Portland Maternity Services
- Taste card and Gourmet Society Card
HCA Healthcare UK Overview:
We’re the world’s largest private and acute complex care hospital group with a network of well-established and highly respected UK hospitals, a number of which have been awarded “Outstanding” by the CQC. From complex care to straightforward procedures in adults, HCA UK provides exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, clinics, outpatient and diagnostics centres, and NHS partnerships.
We’re continuously at the forefront of innovations in patient care, which, investing more than £500 million over the last decade to ensure that our hospitals and specialist centres are amongst the best equipped in the world. This philosophy of continual investment ensures our employees have the best career development opportunities; as their skills advance alongside our facilities and technology.
Our patients come from all over the world, and so do our people. We’re a diverse team with an open, welcoming culture. We’re proud of the multiculturalism of our teams and with just under 50% of our workforce coming from overseas, we understand and value the importance of international recruitment and the wealth of different experiences and mix of cultures that this brings to our established workforce.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.