Job - Radiology Department Assistant
Location - The Lister Campus - The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Outpatients Centre & Chiswick Medical Centre
Contract Type - Full Time/Permanent
Salary - £24,000 - £29,000 Dependent on experience
As a Radiology Department Assistant, you will communicate with patients courteously the importance of the preparation of their examination, what the examination may entail and the potential timing as well as any delays to the procedure. You will also have the responsibility to ensure all patients are correctly informed and changed for their examination and be available to chaperone all patients during their examination
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be present at the end of each examination to escort the patient from the room, take them to the changing rooms, toilet or the next stage of their examination.
- Liaise with the wards and the radiologists for the timings of the inpatients scheduled on the modality list.
- Notify the radiologist / imaging staff of any additional patients that have been added to the list.
- When required to lay out a trolley for an interventional procedure ensure that it is appropriately laid out.
- Follow all instructions from the radiologist as there may be changes to the initial plan due to the medical condition of the patient.
- Document all patients in the Modality Day Books including IR’s & Self Pay
- Ensure that all patient charges are put on correctly.
Skills and experience
- Some hospital or similar experience
- Radiology experience desirable
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Computer Literacy
- Previous experience in similar/same role desirable
About the Facility
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea, and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology medicine and orthopaedics and surgery. With 60 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions. In addition to this we have a 13 bedded acute medical unit.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.