HCA Laboratories – London
Senior BMS – Microbiology Night Shift
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hour per week and the salary being offered is competitive dependent on skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
To provide a specialist analytical and technical service to our clients. The post holder will be expected to work
across the Microbiology and Serology/Virology departments. There is a rolling two week shift pattern which is as follows:
Monday: 20:30 – 08:00
Tuesday: 20:30 – 08:00
Friday: 20:30 – 08:00
Saturday: 20:30 – 08:00
Sunday: 20:30 – 08:00
Wednesday: 20:30 – 08:00
Thursday: 20:30 – 08:00
In addition, there is a flexible 3.5 hours of time to be made up each four-week period which is used for training and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work competently and undertake responsibility for the delivery of the out-of-hours service provided in these departments.
- Maintain technical expertise within areas of work and provide advice to service users/team members as required.
- Use specialist knowledge to determine appropriate testing as required.
- Produce complex and professional laboratory reports.
- Ensure work undertaken conforms to the procedures defined in local policies and procedures.
Skills & Experience
- Registration as a Biomedical Scientist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Hold evidence of, and continue to demonstrate continual personal/professional development ensuring up-to-date knowledge and working to high professional standards.
- IBMS Specialist Portfolio in Medical Microbiology, or equivalent experience (Min 2 years’ experience working as a HCPC registered Biomedical Scientist within a UKAS accredited laboratory)
About the Facility
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care. HCA Laboratories has over 35 years’ experience in providing pathology services, for acute care in our HCA Hospitals, IVF Clinics, Insurance work, healthcare screening and GP services. We cover all disciplines in pathology including allergy, biochemistry and endocrinology, haematology and blood transfusion, histopathology and cytology, immunology, and microbiology and serology/virology.