HCA UK at The Wilmslow Hospital – Wilmslow, Cheshire
Patient Access Officer
Cheshire, The Wilmslow Hospital
Full time 37.5 hours per week
Shift between 6am - 8pm on a 7.5 hour shift only
We’re looking for a Patient Access Officer to join our Patient Access team based at The Wilmslow Hospital. This is your opportunity to become a vital part of the UK’s largest private healthcare provider by joining our Patient Access department. As a Patient Access Officer, you will play a vital role in delivering a high-quality service to our patients.
Your duties as a Patient Access Officer will include providing a comprehensive range of administrative services to consultants and other third parties that will assist in promoting the successful management of all aspects needed to facilitate a seamless patient pathway. In this role, you will be able to facilitate the patient’s experience by providing a 5-star and world class service to our internal and external stakeholders through a seamless patient journey with a high level of customer care at all times whilst handling a high volume of activity.
Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life. It’s this guiding vision that influences everything we do at HCA UK. From the CEO to the colleagues on the floor we all have a part to play in delivering exceptional care to our patients. Other’s may think this is just a role in Patient Access, but to us, you’ll be part of a wider team with a unique sense of purpose, one that helps improve lives on a daily basis.
What you’ll do:
- Greet patients and visitors with a friendly and professional demeanour for all methods of communication.
- Communicate efficiently and professionally to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information on the hospital database during the patient journey.
- Formally pre-register or register all patients and guarantee 100% accuracy when requesting and transferring information to HCA databases.
- Ensure all relevant Patient documents are signed and scanned to the patient accounts including patient registration form and self-pay agreement for each visit.
- Liaise with patients, consultants, secretaries, insurance companies and third parties relating to authorisation of ongoing treatment to ensure further financial settlements are facilitated.
- Respond to telephone, written and face to face queries.
- Respond promptly to any patient/third party requests.
- Manage patient waiting areas to ensure the Patient Access Service run smoothly.
- Coordinate and facilitate all patient bookings where applicable.
- Adhere to a flexible work pattern often at short notice.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous Administrative experience.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office – Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Patient Access Officer, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you.
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals.
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service.
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme.
- Group Life Assurance from day one.
- Critical illness cover.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay.
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland.
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you.
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers.
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.