This is your opportunity to become a vital part of the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, specialists in complex care. HCA Healthcare UK.
- Job Title: Resident Doctor – Critical Care
- Location: The Harley St Clinic
- Salary Range: Offering a Highly Competitive Salary
- Contract Type: Substantive, salaried - Minimum 2 year commitment.
- Shifts/Pattern or work: Typically, most doctors prefer 1 x 24 hour shift per week or 2 x 12 hour Shifts. Full time is also available, the rotas are planned far in advance and provide lots of flexibility, to complement your other commitments.
We have an exceptional career opportunity for Critical Care/ Anaesthetic trained airways trained Junior Doctors to join our Resident Doctors team at The Harley St Clinic.
This a fantastic opportunity to build partnerships with our private patient consultants, learn from specialist nurses and be part of critical care pathways, as directed by the named consultants. The Harley St Clinic has an ‘outstanding’ CQC rating, and admits a vast range of complex cases. It’s a great team environment sharing specialist knowledge and experience.
Your primary role as a Resident Doctor.
- This is a Consultant-Led organisation and you will support by attending to the day-to-day Critical Care Ward and ITU units, medical care, from admission, planning through to dis-charge.
- Independently acting on medical care of inpatients, including clerking new planned and unplanned admissions, daily patient ward rounds, responding to medical emergencies.
- Deliver medical procedures as required and requested by the lead consultant. Including vascular access (e.g., insertion of central venous catheter/vascaths, insertion of arterial lines), airway management (e.g., intubation, management of tracheostomies), management of acute pain/epidural catheters, use of ultrasound, ventilation management, optional skills at other procedures (e.g., chest/abdominal drain insertion, lumbar puncture)
- You will also work be part of the ward MDT, have the opportunity to take part in audits, and training to continuously improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients
Successful applicants will need to be:
- MBBS medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice
- An additional post-graduate qualification FRCA/ FICM/ MRCEM/MRCP or equivalent is desirable
- NHS Trained Intensive care medicine or Anaesthesia to ST3 and above , or equivalent
- Able to manage complex airways competently unsupervised and train and support others
- Able to demonstrate teaching and mentoring of junior doctors
- Must hold current ALS certificate
- In this role you will learn from our leading experts, and there are opportunities for development
Career Progression and Opportunities for development
- Core staff have an allocated study budget, for courses relevant to speciality.
- HCA has a comprehensive Learning Academy where you can enrol on courses.
- HCA offer grants and sponsorship for research and opportunities to develop leadership skills with the ‘Executive Master’s in Medical Leadership’ with Bayes Business school. MBA’s, and PhDs.
- The opportunity to work closely with mentors to produce papers or research