London Bridge Hospital – London
Senior Radiographer – CT & MRI
London, The London Bridge Hospital
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Shift times: 7.5 hour shifts between 08:00 and 20:00
Salary: £45,000 - £51,000 dependent upon experience. Plus on-call requirements
We’re looking for a Senior Radiographer to join our CT and MRI teams at The London Bridge Hospital, currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City and Canary Wharf.
The MRI department at London Bridge consists of eight magnets, 3x 3.0T and 5 x 1.5T including the latest flagship models from Siemens. Our team of highly skilled radiographers work with leading sub-speciality consultant radiologists to deliver a five-star patient experience in world class facilities. The department can deliver a wide range of exams from relatively routine MSK to extremely complex Cardiac scans. The MRI department alongside other imaging modalities provides one of the most comprehensive Imaging offerings in Private Healthcare.
As a Senior Radiographer in both CT and MRI, you’ll provide a high level of customer-focussed to our patients and service users through high quality diagnostic radiography whilst remaining flexible to the needs of the department, working cohesively in both the CT and MRI teams.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Provide a safe and effective radiology service
- Work closely with the Radiologists and Consultants in setting up policies and protocols for all imaging and patient pathways
- Identify improvements on an ongoing basis and oversee the implementation of such improvements as agreed with the line manager
- Assist the day to day running of the imaging service
- Assist with patient bookings and administrative duties where necessary, ensuring verified radiologist reports are delivered in a timely manner
- Assist with staff orientation and training
- Be flexible in working within different modalities as and when required
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- HCPC registration
- Extensive CT and MRI experience gained post-graduation, ideally in the UK
- High level of understanding with regards to clinical governance and protocols relating to both CT and MRI
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Senior Radiographer at The London Bridge Hospital, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.