Portland Hospital – London
Superintendent Radiographer – MRI
London, The Portland Hospital
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Shift times: 7.5 hour shifts between 08:00 and 20:00
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 dependent upon experience
We’re looking for a Superintendent Radiographer to lead our MRI team at The Portland Hospital, currently rated “Good” by the CQC.
They successful candidate will, when necessary, act as a direct line manager with responsibilities for other modalities or for the Radiology department as a whole. This role is jointly responsible for the radiology service across all Wellington Hospital sites and travel between sites will be required.
The post holder will also support Imaging Management in service planning and service development, and align themselves with the department and wider hospital’s goals and values.
The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. As the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK, delivering over 1,600 babies a year, we place great importance on providing safe and high-quality care for expectant mothers. Both consultant-led and midwife-led maternity care is available, and our aim is to provide you with all the support you need during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Women’s health issues are treated by a team of 40 consultants, supported by nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and counsellors, with an emphasis on privacy and dignity.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Manage the MRI department and lead a team of Senior MRI Radiographers
- Provide a professional standard of excellence in MRI services for all patients with particular interest in Paediatric & Adult imaging
- Work closely with the Radiologists and Consultants in setting up policies and protocols for all MRI imaging and patient pathways
- Manage the finances and staffing to ensure department is kept within budget and associated KPI’s
- Coordinate weekly MRI lists under General Anaesthetic. This is a multidisciplinary team for which you would be the lead.
- Deputise for Management in their absence
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with HCA policies & professional Code of Conduct
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- HCPC registration
- Extensive MRI experience
- Prior experience as a Superintendent/Lead Radiographer
- High level of understanding with regards to clinical governance and protocols relating to MRI
- Experience within Cardiac scanning is desirable
- Experience scanning Paediatric patients desirable
- Familiarity with PACS and RIS software
- Experience in GA MRI
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Superintendent Radiographer at The Portland Hospital, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.