Leaders in Oncology Care – London
Senior Staff Nurse - Chemo Day Unit - Fixed Term Contract
Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC) 95 Harley Street, London
Full time, 37.5 hours per week (Mon-Fri flexibility required to cover opening hours of 8am-8pm)
Salary: £Competitive + fantastic benefits
We are also offering an attractive £5000 Golden Hello welcome incentive payment to successful candidates who join us before 29.02.2024
We’re looking for a Senior Staff Nurse to join our Chemo Day Care Unit at the LOC, our specialist cancer treatment centre currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC and proud recipient of The Macmillan Quality Environment Mark for our commitment to patient wellbeing and privacy.
Working alongside an experienced nursing team you’ll help assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care while also being an advocate for the patient, ensuring all their medical, physical and emotionally needs are met by communicating effectively with them and their families.
It’s a great opportunity to make a significant difference to the unit and its patients. In return, you’ll have the chance to build a career at the forefront of Cancer care. With access to ground breaking treatments currently not licenced on the NHS and our own on-site lab and chemotherapy production unit you’ll have all the tools you need to deliver truly exceptional levels of care for your patients in a modern, vibrant setting.
You’ll also have much more autonomy day to day. Our clinical teams are very nurse led so you’ll have more control over assessment and treatment decisions while having the support you need to develop your career into Sister or Matron roles, whether that’s through regular development sessions from external speakers or one of our many funded courses, including masters level qualifications.
What you’ll need:
- A current NMC Nurse registration
- Experience in Chemotherapy administration
- Post registration experience within haematology or oncology setting or equivalent
- Clinical skills in venepuncture, cannulation and the administration of intravenous drugs.
- Wide and evidence-based knowledge of systemic anti-cancer treatments e.g. chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiotherapy etc and the known and lesser-known side effects of these
Why HCA UK?
We’re the UK’s largest provider of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group you’ll have unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Senior Staff Nurse at the LOC you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC) is a specialist cancer treatment centre set up by four leading consultants in 2005. We have over 80 consultants who are experienced in diagnosing and treating all forms of cancer, using the latest medical developments to provide advanced treatment options. At LOC we are committed to investing in excellent people who want to be part of an organisation that is dedicated to providing the most advanced cancer care.
LOC has four day-care facilities across London Harley Street, London Bridge, Chelsea and St Johns Wood. All staff are given the opportunity to rotate across the sites. There is a very collaborative approach to working and strong team support and commitment