HCA Primary Care – London
Are you a GP / Doctor looking for a new role where you’ll have a healthy work-life balance? Where you’ll have more time to care for each patient, more time for your career and more time for yourself. Due to the expansion of our services, we are always looking for talented General Practitioners and Heath Screening Doctors with an interest and experience in Primary Care.
Apply today and register your interest in future roles.
Unrivalled careers. Endless opportunity. As a GP at HCA UK you can have it all.
HCA Primary Care have been one of the market leaders in Primary Care and Corporate health screening for over 30 years, and due to continued growth we’re looking for colleagues with an active interest in health screening, preventative medicine and lifestyle coaching to join our supportive team of over 100 GP's and Health Screening Doctors.
General Practitioner / Health Screening Doctor
- Main location: Central London Private Patient Practices
- Hybrid working: Some remote sessions are available mixed with face to face
- Employment contracts: 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 session per week
- Hours: Standard office hours. No Out of Hours (OOH). No on-call. No home visits. Monday to Friday predominantly (Saturday or Sunday commitment 1 in 12 weeks)
- Salary: Up to £11,600 per session (Basic + Health Screening Allowance)
What else can we offer you?
- Benefits: Private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, Critical Care cover, contributory pension, 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (and the option to buy or sell up to 10 days). We’ll even pay for your Indemnity too.
- Ongoing development: We believe the growth of our colleagues to be key to our growth as a business. You’ll receive 5 Days paid study days per year as standard, have access to funded courses such as Occupational Health Diploma alongside a wealth of CPD options, such as monthly seminars provided by HCA Hospitals Specialist Consultants. We also have a clear pathway of career progression into Management should you wish to go down that route.
- Joining Training: Whether you’re coming from the public or private sector we’ll give you a comprehensive 12-week orientation and training programme where you’ll shadow senior GP's and learn the HCA way of delivering outstanding care. We’ll also upskill you on our advanced health screening, referrals and billing process. (All Training is based at New Broad Street Practice)
Why should you choose HCA Primary Care?
Forget what you’ve experienced elsewhere. At HCA you’ll have all the time and tools you need to deliver exceptional standards of care in a private patient environment, surrounded by an expert team with a shared passion for clinical excellence.
The wellbeing of our colleagues is just as important to us as our patients. With a focus on work-life balance you’ll start and finish on time thanks to planned and structured appointments, lasting at least 15 minutes and you’ll also have time built into each 4 hour session for admin – so there’s no carry over from day to day. You’ll even have additional clinical professionals supporting you with your health screens.
It’s also a rewarding role, you’ll have immediate, direct access to specialist referral pathways with leading consultants within the wider HCA network (should patients choose this) and through our health screens and lifestyle coaching, you’ll be able to make a real difference to patients, both now and for years to come.
What you’ll bring as a GP/Health Screening Doctor:
- Current GMC registration and on the GP register if you are applying for a GP role (you do not need to be on the performers list for private healthcare)
- A minimum of 6 months experience post GP qualification
- Good working knowledge of IT systems and comfortable with cloud-based technology
- Care and empathy with a passion for delivering a patient-centred service.
- Competent to conduct smears and take bloods
If you don’t have advanced health screening experience, training will be given.
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.
“We’ve built a unique and effective system of healthcare, allowing our doctors to deliver end-to-end care pathways, with exceptional patient outcomes. Our doctors sit at the heart of our business and we empower them to deliver life-changing medicine to our patients and take control of their career through training, mentorship and funded courses” – Paul Sanford, CEO of HCA Primary Care