This is your opportunity to become a vital part of the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, specialists in complex care by joining our Patient Access department. We have exciting opportunities for Patient Access Officers to join our various departments across HCA facilities. As a Patient Access Officer, you will play a vital role in delivering a high-quality service to our patients.
Location: Different HCA facilities across Central London
- London Bridge Hospital SE1 2PR
- Wellington Hospital NW8 9LE
- Harley Street Clinic W1G 8BJ
- The Portland Hospital W1W 5AH
- Princess Grace Hospital W1U 5NY
- The Lister Hospital SW1W 8RH
- HCA at University College Hospital WC1E 6AG
Contract: We have different employment contracts available
- Permanent & full time - 37.5 hours/week on rotational shift basis
- Bank contract
Salary: Competitive salary for our permanent and full time contracts
Employment Package: If you decide to join us on permanent basis, we will look after you with private healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension scheme and a vast range of additional rewards. Being part of a large, multisite, and established healthcare group, we can offer career progression, development and support to grow internally, in addition to funded courses.
About the Role
Your duties as a Patient Access Officer will include providing a comprehensive range of administrative services to, consultants and other third parties that will assist in promoting the successful management of all aspects needed to facilitate a seamless patient pathway. In this role, you will be able to facilitate the patient’s experience by providing a 5-star and world class service to our internal and external stakeholders through a seamless patient journey with a high level of customer care at all times whilst handling a high volume of activity.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet patients and visitors with a friendly and professional demeanour for all methods of communication
- Communicate efficiently and professionally to all internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain accurate and up to date information on the hospital database during the patient journey
- Formally pre-register or register all patients and guarantee 100% accuracy when requesting and transferring information to HCA databases
- Ensure all relevant Patient documents are signed and scanned to the patient accounts including patient registration form and self-pay agreement for each visit
- Liaise with patients, consultants, secretaries, insurance companies and third parties relating to authorisation of ongoing treatment to ensure further financial settlements are facilitated
- Respond to telephone, written and face to face queries
- Respond promptly to any patient/third party requests
- Manage patient waiting areas to ensure the Patient Access Service run smoothly
- Coordinate and facilitate all patient bookings where applicable
- Adhere to a flexible work pattern often at short notice
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Previous Administrative experience is essential, ideally private
- Excellent customer care skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office - Excel
- Good general level of education
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
If you would like to join HCA Healthcare UK as a Patient Access Officer and be part of an organisation shaping a healthier tomorrow, we invite you to apply.
Our application process is quick and easy, completing a 2-minute questionnaire and a portal access where you can upload your CV and track your application progress.