Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Location: Central London – Travel Required
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
Shift times Monday to Friday – Standard Hours
Salary: Up to £70,000 Dependant on Experience
We are looking for a Construction Project Manager to join our Capital and Facilities team based in central London. Our capital and projects team lead on all major new build and refurbishments of HCA facilities, they work at pace and dedication to deliver for our business.
As a Construction Project Manager, you’ll, be responsible for ensuring the continued provision and delivery of the highest quality projects and solutions.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to, acting in the role of client Project Manager for capital projects in the built environment across HCA Healthcare UK, driving projects life cycle and leading engagement and communication with all key stakeholders. You will also undertake any other duties as called upon to carry out by the VP of Capital and Facilities.
Above all else, we’re committed to the care and improvement of human life. It’s this guiding vision that influences everything we do at HCA UK. From the CEO to the colleagues on the floor we all have a part to play in delivering exceptional care to our patients. Other’s may think this is just a role in our Capital and Facilities team, but to us, you’ll be part of a wider team with a unique sense of purpose, one that helps improve lives on a daily basis.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver high quality solutions on time, to the right scope, and on budget, with minimum levels of disruption to hospital and corporate operations.
- To drive project lifecycle, taking out cost, waste, and delays to achieve best-in-class project delivery.
- To support the Capital Expenditure committee by writing and advising on business cases for capital investment projects
- To manage and report on project risk, issues, and opportunities as part of the wider capital programme.
- To lead the tender process for projects, including tender specification, tender evaluation, and final recommendation.
- To appoint and lead external teams of consultants.
- To support the contract development and administration process for each project.
- To support the development of project management skills within the team and the business.
- To provide subject matter expertise to both the Project Management team, and the Small Works programme.
- To work with clinical leads to ensure projects are fully reflective of latest corporate strategy.
What you’ll bring:
- Previous Construction Project Management experience.
- Qualification in APMP and with a successful track record of methodology use and implementation.
- Used to working to tight deadlines and delivering on budget.
- Practical working knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts.
- Knowledge of HTM and HBN standards desirable.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
By caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That is why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Construction Project Manager, you will be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you.
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme.
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection, and lifestyle benefits to suit you.
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion, and respect for our patients and for each other. By collaborating with our colleagues, we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated, and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That is why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.