Wellington Hospital – London
Lead / Chief Clinical Perfusion Scientist
HCA Perfusion – Wellington Hospital
Permanent, full time 37.5 hours plus on call
Highly competitive salary (AFC 8c / 8d) + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
About the Role
To assist the Head of Perfusion Services in the delivery and development of the clinical service, unit structure, extension of services and the implementation of an HCA managed ‘Point of Care Testing’ program. You will also be responsible for the smooth, efficient and cost-effective running of the Perfusion service.
- Lead to provision of Perfusion services supported by the wider HCA Perfusion team, based primarily at the Wellington Hospital but would include cross site support at the Harley Street Clinic, London Bridge Hospital and the Portland Hospital (subject to paediatric experience). This supports the One HCA vision for key speciality services such as Perfusion
- Ensure that there are systems in place that mean the provision of care takes place in a suitable and safe environment for the physical and psychological well-being of staff, patients\clients and their relatives. Identify clinical risks across the service and ensure that appropriate action is taken, in accordance with HCA Risk Management policy
- Lead role in the department’s participation on HCA governance committees
- To support the investigation of complaints, accident reports and untoward incidents within the unit in line with HCA framework for Clinical Governance
- Maintain and promote effective communication with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and other wards\departments
- Represent the department at MDT’s, educational seminars and Cardiac Department meetings
- Engagement with SCPS and CCPS activity highly desirable
- Assist the Head of Perfusion in implementing the Electronic Perfusion Record and development of an HCA Perfusion Clinical Audit platform
- Lead the College Accreditation visit preparation
- When appropriate, participate in an HCA Perfusion training program (subject to College approval)
- Blood Management Services and Coagulation Analysis for evidence-based transfusion in all surgical specialties
- Provision of advanced cardiac support technology
- Participation in the HCA Audit portfolio
- Be responsible for managing the Perfusion budget with the guidance of the Head of Perfusion, and the development of services within Cardiac Surgery and any other specialty for which these services apply
- Accredited Perfusionist registered with the College of Clinical Perfusion Scientists of Great Britain & Ireland
- Minimum 5 years relevant post-accreditation experience in complex cardiac surgical procedures
Why join HCA Healthcare UK:
HCA Healthcare is the country’s largest provider of privately funded care with 800,000 patient interactions every year.
From pioneering complex care, urgent care, to primary care, outpatient and day-case treatment, we provide exceptional care across our network of facilities and key NHS partnerships. HCA is the only private hospital group able to invest over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques and medication.
At HCA we put our patients first and affirm the unique worth of each individual. Exceptional healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each.
For further details or to discuss the role please contact Alan.Rayner@hcahealthcare.co.uk