The Harley Street Clinic – London
Senior Mammographer (Fixed Term Contract)
London, The Harley Street Clinic
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
Shift times: 7.5 hour shifts between the hours of 08:00 and 20:00
Temporary, Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
Salary: £45,000 - £51,000 dependent on experience
We’re looking for a Senior Mammographer to join our team at The Harley Street Clinic, currently rated “Outstanding” by the CQC.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC. The Breast department can deliver a range of breast exams and procedures with the majority of our examinations being part of a one-stop or triple assessment clinic. We also offer self-referrals for Mammography screening.
As a Senior Mammographer, you’ll be joining our small Breast Unit team, being the ultimate team player helping to keep the service running as efficiently as possible. We’ll look to you to undertake and perform all Mammography procedures including scanning, screening and assisting in ultrasounds. You will also be required to rotate into another modality, depending on your experience, such as Plain Film or CT, on a fairly regular basis.
- Perform quality control functions related to mammography.
- Undertake all administrative duties such as bookings and reporting involved in the Mammography service
- Utilise and understand the PACS and DR/CR system.
- Participate in symptomatic breast clinics
- Carry out screening mammography
- Perform DEXA scans
- Assist with ultrasounds including procedures such as biopsies, aspirations, drainages, localisation
- Perform stereotactic biopsies with consultant breast radiologists
- Participate in late shifts twice a month for evening breast clinics.
- Participate in the rotation of Mammographers to other sites associated with the facility
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- HCPC registration
- Relevant post Graduate experience with a PGCert in Mammography/Breast Imaging
- In depth knowledge of processes and procedures in Mammography
- Computer literate – intermediate to advanced level
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Senior Mammographer, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.