HCA UK at The Wilmslow Hospital – Wilmslow, Cheshire
Role: Senior Receptionist
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Contract: Permanent 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday (varying shift patterns on rotational basis). Weekend and bank holiday working may be required, depending on business needs.
Salary Range: £23,000-£24,000 dependent on skills and experience
We’re looking for a Senior Receptionist to join our team at the prestigious Wilmslow Hospital. The Wilmslow Hospital cares for a wide range of patients from all over the world, many of them well known from industry, politics, media and film.
As a Senior Receptionist you will be accountable for management of Front of House within your clinic. You will provide a caring and efficient patient experience from start to finish, constantly delivering high quality customer care to both internal and external clients.
Although working as part of a team on site, this role will involve some lone working for short periods of time when opening/closing clinics and at lunchtimes.
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you'll do:
- Welcome all patients, visitors and staff to the Front of House area, providing information and dealing with enquiries in a friendly and professional manner at all times
- Booking appointments correctly and accurately for all type of appointments requested face to face or for follow up appointments
- Processing all payments, issue of invoice as necessary and update of cashbook spreadsheets and being accountable for any transaction processed
- Accurate registration and update of patient details on the relevant practice management systems
- Providing support to the bookings team by taking calls and booking GP appointments by phone when requested
- Working collaboratively with the GPs, Technicians, Patient Navigator & Resource Management
What you'll bring:
- Good general level of education
- Computer literate
- Previous reception experience is essential, ideally within healthcare
- Previous people management experiment desirable
- Proven ability to work flexibly and accurately with changing priorities and deliver a confidential and high-quality customer-focused service.
- A friendly "can-do" attitude
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Senior Receptionist in our Primary Care, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.