Wellington Hospital – Elstree, Hertfordshire
Satellite Site Superintendent Radiographer
London, The Wellington Hospital
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Shift times: 7.5 hour shifts between 08:00 and 20:00
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 dependent upon experience
We’re looking for a Superintendent Radiographer to lead our multi-modality team at Golders Green Outpatients and Elstree DTC, part of The Wellington Hospital, currently rated “Good” by the CQC.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure the highest quality of care is provided at all times and to provide an effective service as part of the day-to-day operation of the satellite imaging departments.
- Carry out a full range of scans and x-rays to a high standard. Ensure high quality imaging is provided to our consultants and liaise with relevant radiologists in striving for image optimisation
- Oversee all aspects of safety to both patients and staff, complete and review risk assessments and local rules. Lead on the observation and compliance of safety checks, procedures, and policies to ensure a safe imaging environment. Assist in the reporting and investigation of incidents
- Line management responsibilities for radiographers/ support staff.
- Provide emotional and professional support to staff
- Be an active part in the Senior Management Team for Imaging, attending SMT meetings and leading the departments to support growth. Close working relationship with other superintendents to support the Imaging service as a whole
- Coordinate scanner bookings & schedules to ensure correct bookings and optimum capacity available, manage opening times of the scanners in line with service requirements and in liaison with imaging management
- Manage the training of radiographers in the use of the imaging equipment and maintain training within an up-to-date competency framework
- Be involved in the MRI Non-Ionising Radiation User Group, and report into the Local Radiation Protection Committee to ensure department is compliant with relevant legislation
- Liaise with service engineers and bookings team in response to any equipment faults as well as routine servicing, coordinating possible contingency arrangements as part of business continuity.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures within the radiology department and ensuring all staff work within these guidelines.
At HCA UK we care about what you care about. We care that you want to deliver the very best care. We care that you want a career you can be proud of. We care that you want working conditions that support your health and wellbeing. Let us care for you and your career, the same way you do for others.
What you’ll bring:
- HCPC registration
- Extensive MRI & CT experience ideally
- Prior experience as a Superintendent/Lead Radiographer
- High level of understanding with regards to clinical governance and protocols relating to MRI, CT and Plain Film scanning
Why HCA UK?
Originally founded over 50 years ago by Dr Thomas Frist, HCA has gone on to become one of the world’s leading healthcare providers. In the UK, we’re one of the largest providers of privately funded healthcare and have invested over £500 million in the latest treatments, technology, techniques, medication and facilities. Being part of a large multisite, established healthcare group we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression through internal and external courses, as well as working conditions that prioritise both your mental and physical wellbeing.
We believe that by caring for our employees, we empower them to provide exceptional care for our patients. That’s why we offer a host of flexible benefits that reflect the invaluable contribution they make every day. As a Superintendent Radiographer at The Wellington Hospital, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays) increasing with service, with option to buy or sell leave to suit you
- Private Healthcare Insurance for treatment at our leading hospitals
- Private pension contribution which increases with length of service
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work scheme
- Group Life Assurance from day one
- Critical illness cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Corporate staff discount for all facilities including Maternity packages at The Portland
- Comprehensive range of flexible health, protection and lifestyle benefits to suit you
- Discounts with over 800 major retailers
Diversity and Inclusion
Patients first. Colleagues always. That’s the guiding philosophy behind our approach to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe healthcare is built on a foundation of inclusion, compassion and respect for our patients and for each other. By working together with our colleagues we’re creating a truly inclusive environment, where individual differences are celebrated and everyone can achieve their potential.
We believe everyone should feel comfortable to bring their full self to work and be afforded the same opportunities. That’s why we’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to suit your needs as well as offer reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process, and in the workplace, to anyone that needs them.